Would you start Benji over Grigg?

Well he must have today. Not comparing him to Maja at all, but with time, who knows hemay put the one chance a game that he gets in the back of the net. That equates to grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck in our current clime!
Griggs was left isolated today, there was no one within 50yrds of him at times. Thank God Watmore came or we would still be struggling if we played all night.
100pc yes
Agree about his confidence, I am just pleased he was off side or he would have been lynched.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure Grigg would of scored it.
Have.
Griggs was left isolated today, there was no one within 50yrds of him at times. Thank God Watmore came or we would still be struggling if we played all night.

Agree about his confidence, I am just pleased he was off side or he would have been lynched.
Yes, things changed when Watmore came on.

Last edited:
I know I said in the match thread that we went 11 v 11 for the first time when he came on, but Benji's ability is so far largely based on his awareness, determination and energy. Big ask for 90 minutes. I would drop Grigg for sure, but maybe give Maguire or McGeady the CF role, letting Watmore into the starting lineup. I'd look to give Benji 30 minutes or a half instead of the last 10 now - removing someone based on how the game is going. Even if we are winning I'd rather we continued to be attack focussed though - our defence is too fragile to 'hold on'.

It's a yes from me although I'd also play McNulty ahead of Grigg.

Grigg is shot to shit. He may have been £3m and Parky has clearly been told to try and get his fire relit but he gone, completely gone. Need to loan him out and free everyone concerned from the ongoing misery.

Would I play benji ahead of Grigg. Yes, definitely. Grigg is effectively giving us zero out of ten every game. So even if Benji is inexperienced and inconsistent. Something, some games is better than nothing every game.

I know I said in the match thread that we went 11 v 11 for the first time when he came on, but Benji's ability is so far largely based on his awareness, determination and energy. Big ask for 90 minutes. I would drop Grigg for sure, but maybe give Maguire or McGeady the CF role, letting Watmore into the starting lineup. I'd look to give Benji 30 minutes or a half instead of the last 10 now - removing someone based on how the game is going. Even if we are winning I'd rather we continued to be attack focussed though - our defence is too fragile to 'hold on'.
Good God , were you there today ? I would be dropping McGuire before Grigg.

Good God , were you there today ? I would be dropping McGuire before Grigg.

Its a fair point, he had a bad game and not his first, but there are few who have earned the right to the shirt, we're low on options - Grigg whether it's system or ability or confidence, is a spent force here - it would probably benefit two clubs for him to move on in January - I feel sorry for him, but it's just not going to happen for him here IMO.

He anticipated the fall of the ball & took his goal well today. He’s a much hungrier player.

Whereas, Grigg had that through ball in on goal and shots straight at the keeper just before half time. His confidence is shot!
100% right now he's hungry and desperate to do well, grigg confidence low but I watched at times today he rarely reacts doesn't hassle the defence either etc why not give the kid a chance

He can't do any worse can he? Although Parkinsons dog shit 70 minutes of lone man hoof ball wouldn't give any striker a chance.

I'd have brought benji on at half time, he really didn't get long enough and changing things at half time makes a point to the other players

Back