Would you rather your child...

Whilst I echo @Harry Angstrom’s sentiments I also think it’s easier to teach a child how to stand up to bullies rather than teach a bully not to be a little shit.

What would you do if your child was being bullied?

Tell them to fight back?
The two aren't really mutually exclusive.

No one said they were, it was just a hypothetical scenario if that was the only 2 option you had

Last edited:

Some bullies start out as victims of bullying themselves. So, bullying someone else makes them feel better. And of course, some go on to become killers too - I know, I watch far too much true crime. 😃 So either option is awful.

If I see someone being bullied I naturally intervene and rip the bullies arms off. I don't tolerate bullying.

Obviously it's a no win scenario. It depends on degree and duration to a large extent.
If we're talking a brief period of having problems with one or two individuals I would say fine, character forming and take the bullied option.
If we're talking hunted by everyone even on social media for months so they can't leave the house and consider suicide I'm buying them the "how to run a school extortion racket for dummies". That bad shit fucks people up for life they never forget it no matter how successful trust me.

Obviously it's a no win scenario. It depends on degree and duration to a large extent.
If we're talking a brief period of having problems with one or two individuals I would say fine, character forming and take the bullied option.
If we're talking hunted by everyone even on social media for months so they can't leave the house and consider suicide I'm buying them the "how to run a school extortion racket for dummies". That bad shit fucks people up for life they never forget it no matter how successful trust me.

Fair one

Bullied and I'll teach him how to stand up for himself and how to efficiently batter them.

Won't be bullied for long that's for sure.

Might get a reputation for fighting and other kids might want to fight him, what then?
My son had a reputation for fighting (not bullying) going back to primary school. He did his best not to fight going into the comp but the so called hard lads from other primary schools kept pushing him until he slam dunked the hardest one head first into a large wheelie bin in front of half the school. He doesn't have that problem now.
Bullied. Gives you a reason to go and stove a chair over the bullys fathers head
Then you become the bully. Good choice :confused:
In a hypothetical situation I would rather my son be a bully because if I found out I could do something about it.

I've been bullied as a child and it's not pleasant. The kind of low level bullying that wears you down, but leaves you unable to tell parents, teachers or anyone else so you just suffer it until you've had enough.

Being the parent of a bullied kid must be a horrible thing and leave you feeling helpless.

Last edited:
Bully's maybe always looking over their shoulders for the rest of their lives. I've seen a case when in adulthood, a lad who was mercilessly bullied as a kid, got his own back on the bully some 20 years later in a pub car park. Not a pretty sight, 20 odd years of anger and frustration taken out on someone's face

Be bullied or be a bully?

Was having this discussion recently
In some cases there can be bullying in example bullying the disabled but most of it is just character building and people need to stand up for themselves.

Bullying imo is much more prevalent in girls and women do you ever notice in the workplace average women and chubsters go out of their way to be nasty about the wads of the office?

Last edited:
In some cases there can be bullying in example bullying the disabled but most of it is just character building and people need to stand up for themselves.

Bullying imo is much more prevalent in girls and women do you ever notice in the workplace average women and chubsters go out of their way to be nasty about the wads of the office?

Either you dont have kids or have never witnessed actual bullying because that is an ignorant comment tbh
Bully's maybe always looking over their shoulders for the rest of their lives. I've seen a case when in adulthood, a lad who was mercilessly bullied as a kid, got his own back on the bully some 20 years later in a pub car park. Not a pretty sight, 20 odd years of anger and frustration taken out on someone's face

I've fortunately never been bullied but have witnessed some bad cases of it through school, I think people don't realise the extent it affects people

Last edited:

Back