Would you make a good comedian?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date

Good start are best Man Speeches.
Like most who have to present at work as well. Nervous but are great at not showing it. The more you do the better you become like most things.

Not for most in the media spotlight, the more they do the more poor they are.

Seems they get popular then turn to shit, unless they already are.

One DVD there’s no need to watch a lot of them again.

Not for most in the media spotlight, the more they do the more poor they are.

Seems they get popular then turn to shit, unless they already are.

One DVD there’s no need to watch a lot of them again.

True, saw Bill Bailey once then again at Glastonbury 6 month later, word for word.
Idle. Surely you’d mix it up a bit ffs.

True, saw Bill Bailey once then again at Glastonbury 6 month later, word for word.
Idle. Surely you’d mix it up a bit ffs.

They have a set they do I get that, it’s what they do next.

Once some of them get the racist and gay stuff out of the way they’ve ran out of material.

Who was it?
Can't remember.

There's a couple of joke tellers on here but the funny ones are the ones with the quick comebacks .Unfortunately 90% of people who attempt funny responses fail
It's all in the eye of the beholder though. Humour comes in many forms and not everyone will get every type - the same with music or drama really.

Last edited:
That's how Billy Connolly started ;)

It is, indeed, but I'm not in that bracket. Strictly club comic style humour, I'm afraid. I have very good timing and delivery and have a very animated, expressive face (which helps enormously, imho) but, as I say, I don't have the bottle to bill myself as a comedian, even though club comics and other comics on the circuit here often tell me I could and should.

It is, indeed, but I'm not in that bracket. Strictly club comic style humour, I'm afraid. I have very good timing and delivery and have a very animated, expressive face (which helps enormously, imho) but, as I say, I don't have the bottle to bill myself as a comedian, even though club comics and other comics on the circuit here often tell me I could and should.
You work in and around Benidorm then?

Subtle way of telling you your singing is shite.;)

At school the teacher made me stand up and tell the class what I wanted to be so I said "when I'm older I want to be a comedian" everyone laughed at me...well they're not laughing now!

The last two Writing Festivals we've had a comedy night where four stand ups have discussed their writing process and then done a routine. Very interesting, especially hearing Jason Cook describe the differences between stand up and writing comedy for TV. I write humour but I wouldn't say I write comedy, I'm not a gag man and I think it's a different discipline.
There's a free 'skit' writing workshop next week for anyone who likes that sort of thing.
CoLab - Devising Comedy Skits with John Mooney

Back