Would you make a good comedian?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date

Not a problem
I find spontaneous wit funnier than rehearsed stuff
There’s loads of people with a dry sense of humour that would never dream of jumping on a stage in front of a crowd
Stand up is an art form. Some people think it's easy and that they can do it because they make people laugh, but it's different in the sense that when you're on stage people are expecting you to make them laugh. When I was younger I thought about doing it because everyone I met used to tell me that I should, but I'm like you, I can do the spontaneous off the cuff funny, but not the prepared funny.

I think it's widely regarded as one of the hardest things to do. I think you need to be a sociopath or the real deal...but fine lines I'd imagine :)
Huh. That's probably why everyone I met used to tell me that I should do it. And here I thought it was because I was funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stand up is an art form. Some people think it's easy and that they can do it because they make people laugh, but it's different in the sense that when you're on stage people are expecting you to make them laugh. When I was younger I thought about doing it because everyone I met used to tell me that I should, but I'm like you, I can do the spontaneous off the cuff funny, but not the prepared funny.

Huh. That's probably why everyone I met used to tell me that I should do it. And here I thought it was because I was funny.
Only truth is funny marra.

Can you be be still be classed as a 'Stand up' comic if you lost your legs in an accident?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back