Would you ever bet on a horse at 22,500-1?

I've looked at the graphs of countries across the world and they are wavy. The waves are in different places. It's likely that spending time outside is a factor in reduced transmission. But I wouldn't be so confident that is the only factor. Or that I could romp about the countryside in July with immunity.
I didn't say it was the only factor though.
That's why I tend to keep out of this forum, although it's not as bad as the politics one.

I didn't say it was the only factor though.
That's why I tend to keep out of this forum, although it's not as bad as the politics one.
My original comment was questioning @SAFCOldie on what I took to be his suggestion summer was a time of safety. Although that may not have been his meaning as it was worded in a slightly obscure way.

Then you start challenging me in quite an aggressive way. And then get offended when I respond. What is wrong with you?

My original comment was questioning @SAFCOldie on what I took to be his suggestion summer was a time of safety. Although that may not have been his meaning as it was worded in a slightly obscure way.

Then you start challenging me in quite an aggressive way. And then get offended when I respond. What is wrong with you?
I'm not at all offended and it wasn't aggression, perhaps you're another overly sensitive type, I've no idea.
You asked me if I'm a virologist, I've no idea what that has to do with anything, can I not take a look at the statistics of a football match and have a view because I wasn't a professional footballer.
I like a debate as much as anyone but if you're going to bring up the experts in virology neither are those that have been standing next to Boris for the last year or so.

There is like.
How does someone know whether being vaccinated is going to damage their health or not?

Obviously , vaccination seems to be the only way of combating this virus , but i wouldnt call anyone an idiot or whatever if they choose not to be vaccinated.

They say there's only a 'small chance' of ending up with blood clots (AZ) - thats all well and good but some folk will worry that THEY'RE gonna be in that small minority - some people HAVE died because of it (apparently).
Doesnt make someone an idiot because they have worries and concerns.

You can know if a vaccine is likely to give you an immediately bad reaction that can cause serious harm.

It does make you an idiot.
How dangerous is it?

It’s killed people, and long COVID seems bad. What more do you want?

You can know if a vaccine is likely to give you an immediately bad reaction that can cause serious harm.

What, so you're saying that anyone that has a serious reaction to the vaccine will know in advance?

How (oh wise one) does it make you an idiot?

And yes it (covid) HAS killed people, but so has the vaccine?

What, so you're saying that anyone that has a serious reaction to the vaccine will know in advance?

How (oh wise one) does it make you an idiot?

And yes it (covid) HAS killed people, but so has the vaccine?

The risks are very low receiving a vaccine. Do what you want. You’re an idiot if you don’t get it and if you push the agenda on others in an anti-vax fashion, you should be shunned.

The risks are very low receiving a vaccine. Do what you want. You’re an idiot if you don’t get it and if you push the agenda on others in an anti-vax fashion, you should be shunned.
Didn't mention anything about pushing an agenda. I'm on about people who have genuine concerns about what the vaccine can do to them.
Just because the risks are low doesn't mean people that do get a reaction don't count - low or not it's still a risk and I don't think it's fair to just brand people as idiots just cos they view things differently and worry about things differently

Didn't mention anything about pushing an agenda. I'm on about people who have genuine concerns about what the vaccine can do to them.
Just because the risks are low doesn't mean people that do get a reaction don't count - low or not it's still a risk and I don't think it's fair to just brand people as idiots just cos they view things differently and worry about things differently

That’s my view and I’ll die on that hill. You have to think of more than yourself and look at the bigger picture.

Peanuts have killed people, we have epipens, what more do you want?

That’s my view and I’ll die on that hill. You have to think of more than yourself and look at the bigger picture.
Fair enough, we'll have to agree to (slightly) disagree.
I see where you're coming from, i just dont think its overly fair to brand someone an idiot because of genuine worries.

If people have a peanut allergy and do not have an epipen it would probably be a massive issue compared to someone that doesn’t have a vaccine and gets Covid.

I look forward to your counter argument.

My counter is you’re talking wet, people have died from getting it and some are still suffering due to long COVID.

You’re an idiot if you don’t get vaccinated, unless it’ll seriously harm you or endanger your life.

People spreading that you shouldn’t get vaccinated should be called out and ostracised from modern society. They are dangerous people directly responsible for death.

people would be more willing to get vaccinated if it meant no restrictions. Unfortunately there's zero chance of that happening with that fat Tory gonk in charge. He seems to think extending lockdown will force people to get vaccinated. It'll have the opposite effect. I've had 2 doses and tbh I wish I hadn't bothered.

An FA Cup match at the SoL between SAFC and AFC Wimbledon is attended by 22,500. At HT Frankie Francis puts every attendees name in a big machine and picks a name out. Theres your analogy right there.

End of thread.

people would be more willing to get vaccinated if it meant no restrictions. Unfortunately there's zero chance of that happening with that fat Tory gonk in charge. He seems to think extending lockdown will force people to get vaccinated. It'll have the opposite effect. I've had 2 doses and tbh I wish I hadn't bothered.

We’d be in even worse shape without vaccinations, regardless of current reasoning.

Back