Would you date a transgender person?

I used to go out with a lass who always said she had a secret she could never tell me, and I sometimes wondered if it was that she was born a man. She had kids though so, I guess not. If it turned out to be true, would I have split up with her? Probably not.
Yet I wouldn’t knowingly date a TG

Ever heard of the saying about "one man's treasure and another man's trash"?

You may see tolerance for everyone regardless of what they look like as trash but I see it as a treasure.

Big difference is I'm not gay so I almost certainly would not go with a guy regardless of how much I accept a fellow human being.

Absolutely not.

Sorry, not judging. Just sounds like you would go with a transgender woman, suppose it depends on how you view them. Personally I still consider them Male.

I used to go out with a lass who always said she had a secret she could never tell me, and I sometimes wondered if it was that she was born a man. She had kids though so, I guess not. If it turned out to be true, would I have split up with her? Probably not.

Did you never shag her like?

Or try to have a little fondle down there and it got hard instead of wet?

Did you never shag her like?

Or try to have a little fondle down there and it got hard instead of wet?
No man, she was full woman. But I assume it’s difficult to tell once you’ve had the full lot done. I didn’t think she’d had a sex change mind, but I thought she might have been born a hermaphrodite or summat. I dunno.
did she always wear a scarf?
Ha no. I think I just imagined the worst thing I could think of. What else would be a secret you could never tell?

But I assume it’s difficult to tell once you’ve had the full lot done

I'd imagine it would be pretty obvious tbf...

Just because there is no cock and may have a hole there it wouldn't work down there like a lass does... getting wet, clit stimulation and oral etc

So say you’re a bloke and you’re attracted to them but find out they’re transgender with male organs would you date them?

Or vice versa for a woman. Would be nice to think we could have a real conversation about this,
Did you meet him/her in the park lane bus station ?

You're a bloke who would shag a bloke. That's well gay. It's ok to be gay, even if you want to add extra steps to it.

Transgender's are NOT blokes. Not any more. They weren't blokes even when they were blokes. You decide to have the full change because you don't feel you the male you see in the mirror. You very much feel a woman trapped in a man's body. Why do you think they go to the trouble of having the full MOT and service. HRT, breast enlargement, radical and extensive cosmetic and plastic surgery, the lot. The only reason why the pluming stays is because you can't exactly whip the old wedding tackle out and replace it with a vagina complete with uterus and everything. Once Peter becomes Petra that is is - they are a woman from the core out.

You are probably getting mixed up with cross dressers. They are 100% blokes. It is just they prefer to wear women's clothes.
Sorry, not judging. Just sounds like you would go with a transgender woman, suppose it depends on how you view them. Personally I still consider them Male.

It's fine. No offence taken.

I would yes. And precisely. They divide opinion. That is why I would hate to be a TS/TG. It would be so much harder to find a date. Because it is harder to find someone who views them as they want to be viewed. It is not about personality anymore. It's about finding someone who sees them the way they want to be seen. As I mentioned both a man and a woman got on great with the character in my book but both in the end up walking away when they found out she was a transgender. I can't imagine how much self loathing that would make a TS/TG feel. Being rejected by BOTH genders. Indeed she does become nasty when she starts work. It is only because for me she becomes resentful of a world that continually rejects her.

Last edited:
Transgender's are NOT blokes. Not any more. They weren't blokes even when they were blokes. You decide to have the full change because you don't feel you the male you see in the mirror. You very much feel a woman trapped in a man's body. Why do you think they go to the trouble of having the full MOT and service. HRT, breast enlargement, radical and extensive cosmetic and plastic surgery, the lot. The only reason why the pluming stays is because you can't exactly whip the old wedding tackle out and replace it with a vagina complete with uterus and everything. Once Peter becomes Petra that is is - they are a woman from the core out.

You are probably getting mixed up with cross dressers. They are 100% blokes. It is just they prefer to wear women's clothes.

I would yes. And precisely. They divide opinion. That is why I would hate to be a TS/TG. It would be so much harder to find a date. Because it is harder to find someone who views them as they want to be viewed. It is not about personality anymore. It's about finding someone who sees them the way they want to be seen. As I mentioned both a man and a woman got on great with the character in my book but both in the end up walking away when they found out she was a transgender. I can't imagine how much self loathing that would make a TS/TG feel. Being rejected by BOTH genders. Indeed she does become nasty when she starts work. It is only because for me she becomes resentful of a world that continually rejects her.
They weren't blokes when they were blokes but not any more? I dunno, sounds pretty gay to me.

Transwomen are adult human males, and the name we have for adult human males is 'man'. You don't become a woman (adult human female) by putting on a bit of lippy and a wig. And you can't change your sex either, even if you have reconstructive surgery and hormone treatment, you're still male - you're just altering your sex characteristics.

I have no problem with men who want to do this (apart from the stereotypical view of what a 'woman' is supposed to look like), but they are not women.

Also, as far as being 'a woman trapped inside a man's body' is concerned - how would they know?!! Your body is your body, all humans have biologically sexed bodies, either male or female. Gender on the other hand is a social system of norms related to your sex, so your gender is a performance, a presentation for the world to see - we're not born with some sort of magical manly or womanly essence.

Last edited:

In that case I’m a top notch international professional footballer trapped in the body of a 53 year old police officer. How would you suggest I transition? As others have said, at the genetic level Peter was born Peter and will die as Peter. He can be Petra as much as he likes but no amount of what amounts to cosmetic surgery will change the fact that genetically Peter is and always will Peter.

That’s a rather liberal attitude from you Dave, it’s almost as if you are escaping your usual 80’s mindset

Can you change your age?

Back