Would you buy...

Don't!

Women's sizing is ridiculous and you need to try things on before you buy.

My Mam bought me some pyjamas last year that were too big. She gave me the receipt to exchange them, but they'd sold out when I took them back so I had to get something else instead.

Yes. Have done many times. Done shoes and handbags too. It's not hard to pick something your significant other will like, it amazes me blokes think it's such a minefield.

My Mrs is a 12, once bought something I thought she'd love online, it looked tiny so I ordered a 14, still looked tiny but I was smart enough not to order the 16 and returned the lot. She ended up with a handbag iirc.

I even bought my mam a dress last year or the year before, was in debenhams and there was a coast dress I thought she'd like on sale, it was a bargain and she loved it.

As long as she picks it, gans to the shop to get it, and pays for it, aye, i would.
Fuck that, may as well get her vouchers if that's the case. Coward.

My Mrs is 6ft tall size 10 shoes.
Sounds like an attractive bloke.

Last edited:
The problem I have is the return policy - and the size issue.

I could buy it now and return it if too small - but as she won't open it before Christmas, then it won't be able to be returned...

Don't!

Women's sizing is ridiculous and you need to try things on before you buy.

My Mam bought me some pyjamas last year that were too big. She gave me the receipt to exchange them, but they'd sold out when I took them back so I had to get something else instead.
Blokes clothes can be the same.
When someone buys me clothes, I feel like I've just been handed "a problem". Sounds terrible, I know.

Easy, look at the style of dress she wears now and look at the brand and size of the particular brands she wears and buy similar.

Back