Would we be top of the league now if Jordan Willis had been fit?

What was his injury, ruptured patella tendon? Reading up on it most 'atheletes' make a full recovery. Not sure why people are convinced his career is over. Plenty of maybes about it of course but too soon to outright write him off.

Whether he stays on here, who knows. You could argue the club did him a favour keeping him on this season.

I really hope Willis recovers and continues his career but I can’t help thinking that, as is often the way, his reputation as a player has been enhanced by his absence.

Other than Sanderson I can’t remember any of our central defenders really looking capable of playing at a higher level.

Willis had pace but he made as many defensive ricks as the others as far as I can remember.

What was his injury, ruptured patella tendon? Reading up on it most 'atheletes' make a full recovery. Not sure why people are convinced his career is over. Plenty of maybes about it of course but too soon to outright write him off.

Whether he stays on here, who knows. You could argue the club did him a favour keeping him on this season.
He looked good and would certainly have been able to play at a higher level. Might have been an excellent partner for Baath, but if he was fit, would we have even signed basth?

I doubt he'd have made enough of a difference for us to be top on ppg at the moment but yeH, I'm pretty sure we'd have at least the additional point to be top qithout taking games in hand into account.

I really hope Willis recovers and continues his career but I can’t help thinking that, as is often the way, his reputation as a player has been enhanced by his absence.

Other than Sanderson I can’t remember any of our central defenders really looking capable of playing at a higher level.

Willis had pace but he made as many defensive ricks as the others as far as I can remember.
No he didn't

he did it twice though mate, had surgery first time, didn’t work then did it again

he did it twice though mate, had surgery first time, didn’t work then did it again
Had to look that up as I couldn't remember him doing it twice. Looks like the second time it happened was during the operation to correct the first time?

My knowledge is limited to my own knee injuries and what I've read online, but to me that would suggest a problem during the surgery rather than the player breaking down again.

Don't get me wrong, of course there's a chance he won't be the same player he was. Whether that's through a limitation brought about by the injury, the lay off time, the mental aspect of it etc. I just think it's a bit much to be saying his career is over before he's even had the chance to kick a ball again.

We would be 4 point clear if we still had Jordan Henderson, Jordan Pickford along with a fit Jordan Willis in the team. 9 points clear if we played our home games in Amman (capital of Jordan)

Back