Would this happen if it was a group of lads?

MonkeyLove

Striker
Mariam Moustafa: Six girls admit attack on teen who later died

Conducted an attack on a seemingly otherwise health girl who subsequently died... and charged with affrey.

Not murder, manslaughter, GBH, ABH or assault but affrey.

Quite shocked by that. There's been evidence the justice system treats Men and Women differently for years. Most clearly where a couple have been found guilty of a non-violent offence I.e perverting the course of justice or fraud, but Men are often treated much more harshly.

Surely in this day and age it's time to change.

There are groups of lads serving life under joint enterprise just for being present when an attack has occurred and someone has lost their life. The maximum any of these can get is 3 years and possible, although unlikely, could even get away with a non-custodial sentence.

Absolutely no justice in that and completely disproportionate for a 6 on 1 attack where someone ultimately died.

I`ve just read this story. Absolutely tragic. 3 years is an absolute disgrace. The Attorney General should appeal it. The Seaton Canoeist got 9 years for fiddling an insurance claim and got denied bail. He was a 60 something year old man, hardly a danger to the public, yet these killers will be out in no time. It`s disgusting. I`d be interested to know why it`s not ABH at the very least.

I can see how the conversation went now: 'looks lads, if we say it was murder we'll have to do some graft and it'll be really hard work and we might not win. If we say it was something much less than that, like affray, the lasses solicitors will jump on it, tell them to plead guilty, we'll have nowt to do and can be in the pub for opening time'.

I'm not surprised, the justice system is fucked.

I just did a bit of checking, to make sure it was the case I was remembering. It was and it's really a very sad situation indeed, appears not just the justice system is fucked.

Really not sure what to make of this like, e.g. is she expecting too much or are we just too accepting of the state of things in this country:-

Last edited:
I`ve just read this story. Absolutely tragic. 3 years is an absolute disgrace. The Attorney General should appeal it. The Seaton Canoeist got 9 years for fiddling an insurance claim and got denied bail. He was a 60 something year old man, hardly a danger to the public, yet these killers will be out in no time. It`s disgusting. I`d be interested to know why it`s not ABH at the very least.
Well said.

There have been cases where a lass has stabbed her lad and smacked a laptop off his head but not jailed as it might mess up her studies, and one where the judge said she'd be going to prison if she was a man. Justice is supposed to be blind and it's not in this country. It treats women as if they are children.

I wonder if the prosecution problem here is the fact the poor girl had a stroke in hospital and subsequently died.

They may feel it could be successfully argued that that was unrelated to the attack.

I agree with the father mind that affray is weak and there is also no doubt that there are a separate set of rules for women.

Mariam Moustafa: Six girls admit attack on teen who later died

Conducted an attack on a seemingly otherwise health girl who subsequently died... and charged with affrey.

Not murder, manslaughter, GBH, ABH or assault but affrey.

Quite shocked by that. There's been evidence the justice system treats Men and Women differently for years. Most clearly where a couple have been found guilty of a non-violent offence I.e perverting the course of justice or fraud, but Men are often treated much more harshly.

Surely in this day and age it's time to change.

There are groups of lads serving life under joint enterprise just for being present when an attack has occurred and someone has lost their life. The maximum any of these can get is 3 years and possible, although unlikely, could even get away with a non-custodial sentence.

Absolutely no justice in that and completely disproportionate for a 6 on 1 attack where someone ultimately died.
It just goes to show there is no such thing as equality. Our country is institutionally sexist

Back