Would people have taken 4 points out of 6?

2019/20 - Coventry and Rotheram top scorers both had 14
2018/19 - Luton 25, Barnsley 17
2017/18 - Blackburn 19, Wigan 18 (our very own Will Grigg)
2016/17 - Sheffield utd 30, Bolton 9
2015/16 - Wigan 25 (Grigg again), Burton 12
2014/15 - Bristol City 15, MK Dons 20 (Grigg again)
2013/14 - Wolves 18, Brentford 17
2012/13 - Doncaster 13, Bournemouth 19

So over the last 8 seasons 4 automatically promoted clubs have had a 20 goal striker or 25%, far from 9 out of 10
Don't let facts get in the way 🙂

2019/20 - Coventry and Rotheram top scorers both had 14
2018/19 - Luton 25, Barnsley 17
2017/18 - Blackburn 19, Wigan 18 (our very own Will Grigg)
2016/17 - Sheffield utd 30, Bolton 9
2015/16 - Wigan 25 (Grigg again), Burton 12
2014/15 - Bristol City 15, MK Dons 20 (Grigg again)
2013/14 - Wolves 18, Brentford 17
2012/13 - Doncaster 13, Bournemouth 19

So over the last 8 seasons 4 automatically promoted clubs have had a 20 goal striker or 25%, far from 9 out of 10
Good research and info OM. Two things stand out for me the list.
1st is that even those who don’t have 20 (and you definitely proved your point), there are a lot of mid to high teens and I don’t think we have that.
2nd is that the Bolton team in 2017 (under PP I assume) Went up with a top scorer of 9. we could read that as PP not believing he needs a 15 goal plus striker.
nice research cheers.

Excellent start to the season. Look forward to some of the young players getting into the team bringing about the right blend of youth and experience. We’re more equipped for league 1 this season. Maybe need an injection of pace but other than that I think we are well set for a good season
Still missing pace and goals up front for me but we look solid otherwise. Pace and goals will cost money.
We are completely reliant on Maguire and Gooch firing ! If they don’t we go nowhere. The lack of contribution from Wyke Grigg and Graham is appalling and I would imagine their combined wages are the equivalent of most first 11’s in this league. Get those sidelined for one decent goal scorer and we might have a chance
Has played 1 game, 2 subs appearances, 1 goal. Too early to add his name. Otherwise I agree.

Last edited:
Yeah, like just a massive lump to drag the CBs around and create gaps for the likes of Gooch and Maguire. I think Parky is hoping they will get on the end of a few crosses or corners as well as holding play but at the minute the service isnt quite there.
A big problem is that the centre forward doesn't score many and neither do the centre midfielders. Dobson has probably scored his only goal of the season against villa's youth team while Power will get his usual 4 goals or so.

We'll be hugely reliant on our defence because we carry very little in the way of a goal threat throughout the team.

Last edited:
Suppose so, but we look a million miles away from a team capable of finishing in the top 2. We need to find a way to include our centre forward in our play
It helps. It looks like we’re playing with 10 men at times.

Absolutely. Oxford were considered by many to be favorite this season. Getting a win down there (even with their injuries) is fantastic.

Picking up points against Peterborough would be a great start in my opinion.

Back