would lewis hamilton win the world championship

He's a borderline insufferable self important twat. I think you have to have that in you to be as good as he is. At the level all those F1 drivers are at the cars are separated by a very small but crucial amount. In the wet however, the very best drivers can stand out and make the rest of their peers look like amateurs. Hamilton has it, Schumacher had it, Senna was the f***ing master at it. The very best drivers in history were as good at car development as they were at driving. Engineers as well as grade A lunatic, win at all cost, cold hearted bastards. I don't know if Hamilton has that gift of development in him.

This.

End of thread.

The hate Hamilton has got on this thread is embarrassing. Put him in this seasons and Ferrari he would have won the title. He is cool under pressure unlike Vettel.

81 poles, soon to be a 5 time world champ and people still doubt him. The only person on the grid that could give him a go is Max in a better car (he is scared of him) but over the course of a season Hamilton would prevail, he performs when it matters most.

Isn't the Ferrari the fastest car this year?

He wouldn't want the Ferrari team who, from what I pick up from the commentators, have made more bad decisions than Mercedes.
I think Merc have been very keen for that claim to be believed, as it helps them to be seen to not be ahead by miles.

Its been touch and go really.

The hate Hamilton has got on this thread is embarrassing. Put him in this seasons and Ferrari he would have won the title. He is cool under pressure unlike Vettel.

81 poles, soon to be a 5 time world champ and people still doubt him. The only person on the grid that could give him a go is Max in a better car (he is scared of him) but over the course of a season Hamilton would prevail, he performs when it matters most.
Is it hate or a widely held perception that the ability of his car is much more important than Hamilton himself?

Kimi is class!

"I was having a shit!"

Aye people seem to think he’s boring when in reality he just couldn’t give a fuck. :lol:

Remember the year in China (iirc) when the drivers were touch and go about whether they’d restart the race due to the rain and he’d already gotten changed and was stood at the garage entrance eating a lollipop :lol:

Is it hate or a widely held perception that the ability of his car is much more important than Hamilton himself?
Bottas has the same car, Rosberg had the same car he beat him to the title twice and Rosberg won once, Ferrari have arguably had a better car in a lot of races this season and Hamilton has out performed them, same goes for last season.

The facts are there for everyone to see and can't be doubted.

I reckon Hamilton would have won in the Ferrari even if Vettel had the Mercedes

Ricardo in the Merc might have beaten Hamilton in the Ferrari. Too early yet for Verstappen but in a year or so he is going to be a lot better than anyone else currently on the grid

Back