Would a film have been made if Sunderland were american?

safcrob

Winger
Since the yanks seem to like making films about underdogs I wonder if the 73 cup final would have been made into a film. Starring Robert Redford as Bob stokoe, Richard Dreyfus as Jimmy Montgomery and Donald Sutherland as Ian Porterfield in an epic tale about one team who had one goal on one journey, paramount pictures presents The Lads.

Since the yanks seem to like making films about underdogs I wonder if the 73 cup final would have been made into a film. Starring Robert Redford as Bob stokoe, Richard Dreyfus as Jimmy Montgomery and Donald Sutherland as Ian Porterfield in an epic tale about one team who had one goal on one journey, paramount pictures presents The Lads.

Maybe they should make a film about you. I don't want this OP to drop to page two on the forum, as its gold.

Walter Matthau would have been Boke Stokoe

I reckon the Americans could make a cool movie about us, a bit like U-571 where they lied their asses off. Tom Cruise could star as Will Grigg, except impossibly on fire and winning the FA cup. An improvement over the Dennis Waterman effort with West Auckland would be nice.

Last edited:
They already have "From here to eternity" (this cup to the next).

Remake to be done after Premier league success in 2024. Tom Hanks as Chairman, Peter Kay as Sam Allardyce (statue unveiled), and Tim Healy as an overworked but rich factory manager making cheap bed linen.

Back