Worzel Gummidge Remake

His face creeps me out so I didn't bother watching, the original was great but it terrified me as a kid when he changed his head and the bit where he screams "Arghhhh" and falls backwards in the closing credits.............ffs man :lol: :oops:

Just been watching these, and they're brilliant.

Nice, simple humour and reminiscent of a better, kinder and gentler world.

Discovered The Unthanks too, so all good.

Three more episodes coming up, starring the likes of Paul Kaye and Bill Bailey.

Was canny good.
Story line very much related to current environmental awareness issues, but that's ok.
Probably intended for a mainly adult audience, but plenty for kids to enjoy too.

Aunt Sally was in it briefly, and good too. Actress seemed familiar but not sure where from. Obviously not as good as Una Stubbs though
Never in the world, well I never.

Just been watching these, and they're brilliant.

Nice, simple humour and reminiscent of a better, kinder and gentler world.

Discovered The Unthanks too, so all good.

Three more episodes coming up, starring the likes of Paul Kaye and Bill Bailey.

That's good news. And, well done on discuvering The Unthanks, they're excellent!

Got it recorded. I reckon it'll be good Sunday morning viewing.

The previous three have been regular Sunday afternoon staples for us and the kids since they first aired. Right up my street this sort of thing; English folklore and landscapes, and he does it so well.

see if you can spot the Detectorists reference, who knows may be even more than just a nod to it

The previous three have been regular Sunday afternoon staples for us and the kids since they first aired. Right up my street this sort of thing; English folklore and landscapes, and he does it so well.

see if you can spot the Detectorists reference, who knows may be even more than just a nod to it

I will do. All of the previous three were so well done that I've no doubt these three will also be excellent. It's a lot more subtle than the Pertwee version.

I will do. All of the previous three were so well done that I've no doubt these three will also be excellent. It's a lot more subtle than the Pertwee version.

I haven’t read them but by all accounts they’re also much more faithful to the books. There’s a clear thread running through his work since he did Jerusalem. But I do get the feeling these 3 could be the last.

I haven’t read them but by all accounts they’re also much more faithful to the books. There’s a clear thread running through his work since he did Jerusalem. But I do get the feeling these 3 could be the last.

In some ways, it would be a shame if they were the last but it might be sensible. Always best to stop the show before it becomes a little tired.

Back