Worzel Gummidge Remake

Was canny good.
Story line very much related to current environmental awareness issues, but that's ok.
Probably intended for a mainly adult audience, but plenty for kids to enjoy too.

Aunt Sally was in it briefly, and good too. Actress seemed familiar but not sure where from. Obviously not as good as Una Stubbs though

It was ok. Better than I’d expected.

Michael Palin is the Green Man in tonight’s episode but I’ll have to watch that on catch up.

As with everything BBC drama these days, PC’d up but it didn’t detract from it.

We watched it this afternoon. I enjoyed, but the kids lost interest. I remember being their age and getting told off for watching too much telly. It's a chore trying to get them to watch something together these days.

There was a bit where they all came to life and marched across the fields to the strains of some ominious wicker man type folk song that was pure nightmare fuel

Was canny good.
Story line very much related to current environmental awareness issues, but that's ok.
Probably intended for a mainly adult audience, but plenty for kids to enjoy too.

Aunt Sally was in it briefly, and good too. Actress seemed familiar but not sure where from. Obviously not as good as Una Stubbs though

no one will ever be better as Worzel Gummidge and Aunt Sally, than Jon Pertwee and Una Stubbs. The BBC should hav,e forgotten about their pc ness and just repeated the old series.

Back