Worst thing to ever happen to football is

They need to decide what the purpose of it actually is.

Rugby - control is with the referee and it's to help him confirm a decision, eg "is there any reason why I cant award the try"

Cricket - control is with the player, idea is the eliminate the howler when a player knows a decision is wrong. Now used speculatively but can really cost teams if they get it wrong

Tennis - very similar but too many challenges allowed so you can get away with speculative calls

They need to get the balance right between rugby and cricket. Either let the referee check or allow each captain one challenge/referral per half but there has to be a clear reason to overturn a decision. Perhaps it can only be used when the game is already stopped? If not you need a mechanism for stopping and restarting the game.
Not a big rugby fan but watched a few WC games and the stoppages whilst the ref and his cohorts reviewed the footage was painfully slow.

You are talking a tiny minority of people who have got to do that. It's not just "armchair fans" who don't go to every match home and away.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
What, training hard, having superior tactics and being dedicated professionals? I didn't particularly notice them cheating.
Says somebody who obviously never sat in the Main Stand upper at Roker.

i said if,you're an armchair fan,which i've not a problem with,loads of lads/lasses can't get to games for various reasons

Back