Worst stadium in League One

I've always thought that they could either knock down or extend the St Andrews stand and there's a lot of room behind the Stacey West albeit that I'm sure that the houses behind there could have a say in any kind of extension? The old Railway End could easily be knocked down and rebuilt ( I'm obviously ignoring the costs etc)

Yes, there is room to grow without relocating, which is what I hope happens. Especially an extension of St Andrews.

Coventry's is obviously on a retail estate but there's some canny pubs within 10 mins and has a nice walk along the lock... When you aren't having bricks lobbed at your head of course.

Not that it's their ground anyway, mind.
Might sound a bit dramatic but I honestly believe if we'd built our new ground at nissan or up doxford park we'd get nowhere near the attendances we have had for the last 20 years

Northampton has got to be up there surely? I remember going in the late 90's to watch us. It was relatively new then, but hard to get to...really small and cramped with a crap view. Gillingham's away end is a disgrace also.

Northampton should share with the Rugby club. They have a very decent ground.
didn't northampton share with a cricket club? i recall there being a rope on one side last time we were in the third division.
i think most of the grounds have character, even oxford and it's three sides. wycombe is good for watching the red kites.
Logon or register to see this image
Logon or register to see this image
imo bristol city is just another souless bowl. rovers has much more about it.

Last edited:
depends on your definition of good football ground

bristol rovers, lincoln, accrington, gillingam, rochdale, portsmouth etc.. proper grounds, character, unique, rough round the edges, poor facilities, mismatched stands, loads of history in the middle of the community, walking distance to pubs, instantly recognisable. class

shrewsbury, oxford, doncaster, mk dons, coventry - shiney new grounds, very safe and proportioned, good facilities, good access to motorways, surrounded by the same collection of mcdonalds and pizza huts, barely recognisable to loads of other grounds, miles away from the community and miles away from the pubs, great for families, old people and posh children. shite
Summed it up perfectly, especially grounds at Shrewsbury and Oxford, miles away from the town itself.

Either Oxford or Shrewsbury for me as complete grounds. Obviously, Gillingham's away end is a complete shocker but it appears the rest is in decent enough nick. The older grounds have a certain charm and character; like a beige Austin Allegro.

depends on your definition of good football ground

bristol rovers, lincoln, accrington, gillingam, rochdale, portsmouth etc.. proper grounds, character, unique, rough round the edges, poor facilities, mismatched stands, loads of history in the middle of the community, walking distance to pubs, instantly recognisable. class

shrewsbury, oxford, doncaster, mk dons, coventry - shiney new grounds, very safe and proportioned, good facilities, good access to motorways, surrounded by the same collection of mcdonalds and pizza huts, barely recognisable to loads of other grounds, miles away from the community and miles away from the pubs, great for families, old people and posh children. shite

This - MK Dons and Oxford look awful.

Give me Luton any day (aye it’s a shithole but it’s got character)

At least their old ground had a shark stuck through a roof, nearby. That has to be a redeeming feature!
That house was owned by Bill Heine who used to present a show on Radio Oxford. I used to sit with him in the sauna at a local gym (oo-er), nice guy who died a few years ago.

Back