Worst stadium in League One

Luton might have gone up last year, but their entrance through people's houses is a bit mad. Stadium is crumbling too.

You could just as easily say that Lansdown stole Bristol Rugby from the Mem.
Except Bristol Rovers moved in as tenants, entered joint ownership when Bristol Rugby went to shit, and then bought the ground out from under them for a nominal fee, something the Rugby lot didn't want happening.

Lansdown bought Bristol Rugby 15 years after this, and for obvious reasons got them out of that dump of a 'stadium'.

depends on your definition of good football ground

bristol rovers, lincoln, accrington, gillingam, rochdale, portsmouth etc.. proper grounds, character, unique, rough round the edges, poor facilities, mismatched stands, loads of history in the middle of the community, walking distance to pubs, instantly recognisable. class

shrewsbury, oxford, doncaster, mk dons, coventry - shiney new grounds, very safe and proportioned, good facilities, good access to motorways, surrounded by the same collection of mcdonalds and pizza huts, barely recognisable to loads of other grounds, miles away from the community and miles away from the pubs, great for families, old people and posh children. shite

Sincil Bank is a funny one, not quite to the extreme of Bristol Rovers but they have the huge stand down one side, two small stands which don't cover the full length of the pitch on the opposite side where the players come out and the tiny one behind the goal with the exec boxes

You describe our ground well. We are hoping for a bit of investment in the Stacey West stand behind the cathedral end goal. It's really a product of improvements over time when we have had the finances. I do think it has character though, and like another comment further down the line, the old grounds are so often better than a lot of soulless new stadiums built out of town as cookie cutter stadiums in an abandoned parking lot. I hope we can improve, and despite parking challenges, would hate to see us move from the Sincil Bank location.

One stadium I do enjoy, although it's not in the UK is the LAFC new ground in the MLS. Not a bad view in the whole place:

SOL - not suited to this division
Priestfield's rickety scaffolding stand for away fans is rank and was an experience with our large following making it shudder.

To be fair though, being insulting about grounds which are for poorly funded, have limited expectation of bigger crowds, and with limited numbers of supporters , but those who do go are just as deserving as any other group of committed fans, is pretty low.

There are regular posters on here from the likes of Scunthorpe, Swindon, Peterborough and Newcastle*, their grounds aren't the grandest but they have their own loyal fans who have a pride in attending their club's ground and have the same rituals and sense of place we do or had for Roker Park. We should have more grace.
* Not sure their posters on here are attenders

When you see multiple pile ups and cannot recognise what vehicle is what, that's what I see when I look at Bristol Rovers ground...a monumental accident of molecular confusion.

I like Bristol Rovers ground. It's got character not a soulless identikit stadium.
I was working near Bath when we played them in the cup and managed to sneak in the home end with the Bristol fans. I really enjoyed it and their food/drink/toilet areas were much more accessible than ours. Obviously it’s old and stand layout is strange but I don’t understand the distaste for the place.

Blackpool is far worse with their large dangerous scaffolding temporary stand and one way in or out.

depends on your definition of good football ground

bristol rovers, lincoln, accrington, gillingam, rochdale, portsmouth etc.. proper grounds, character, unique, rough round the edges, poor facilities, mismatched stands, loads of history in the middle of the community, walking distance to pubs, instantly recognisable. class

shrewsbury, oxford, doncaster, mk dons, coventry - shiney new grounds, very safe and proportioned, good facilities, good access to motorways, surrounded by the same collection of mcdonalds and pizza huts, barely recognisable to loads of other grounds, miles away from the community and miles away from the pubs, great for families, old people and posh children. shite

Coventry's is obviously on a retail estate but there's some canny pubs within 10 mins and has a nice walk along the lock... When you aren't having bricks lobbed at your head of course.

Not that it's their ground anyway, mind.

The away end at Wimbledon was horrific. Could hardly see a thing. Would have like to have went to their new stadium

You describe our ground well. We are hoping for a bit of investment in the Stacey West stand behind the cathedral end goal. It's really a product of improvements over time when we have had the finances. I do think it has character though, and like another comment further down the line, the old grounds are so often better than a lot of soulless new stadiums built out of town as cookie cutter stadiums in an abandoned parking lot. I hope we can improve, and despite parking challenges, would hate to see us move from the Sincil Bank location.

One stadium I do enjoy, although it's not in the UK is the LAFC new ground in the MLS. Not a bad view in the whole place:

I've always thought that they could either knock down or extend the St Andrews stand and there's a lot of room behind the Stacey West albeit that I'm sure that the houses behind there could have a say in any kind of extension? The old Railway End could easily be knocked down and rebuilt ( I'm obviously ignoring the costs etc)

Back