Worst place to live in Sunderland?

Before I was middle-class,I drove a taxi in Sunderland and the worst areas, in my experience were: Castletown, Hylton Castle, Redhouse, Witherwack, Marley Potts and Hendon.
The North siders were always the ones most likely to threaten you with violence and bail out without paying.

Before I was middle-class,I drove a taxi in Sunderland and the worst areas, in my experience were: Castletown, Hylton Castle, Redhouse, Witherwack, Marley Potts and Hendon.
The North siders were always the ones most likely to threaten you with violence and bail out without paying.
Seen plenty of that in my time:lol:

Not sure if it's technically in Sunderland's borders, but Shields is a f***ing shithole.
My limited time spent in shields, I thought the place was alright tbf

Growing up I only ever heard how shit pennywell and pallion was

Moved to Pennywell in 1975 (from just across the border in Ford Estate), it was a really desirable place to live. Needed loads of points to get in there, especially the eastern side. When I left in '88 the rot had started to set in. Became a bit of a dumping ground for problem families.

Eden vale all i would say it beeds a clean up
The back lanes are a disgrace roads need repairing. Young lads in Bmws. Used to live there, moved 11 years ago quite a bit of violence between asian and white lads from thornhill school. Saying that my 2 lads had no bother of either of them. Not sure what its like now though obvs

Take note Southside softies :lol:

I’ve just felt my heart swell with pride.
:lol::lol::lol:

Moved to Pennywell in 1975 (from just across the border in Ford Estate), it was a really desirable place to live. Needed loads of points to get in there, especially the eastern side. When I left in '88 the rot had started to set in. Became a bit of a dumping ground for problem families.
Me mam said it was really decent when she was growing up aswell. By the 90's all I ever heard was how rough it was. Didn't use to hang around there like.

Nothing sinister, just wondered. You have a good time?

:cool:
Visiting family so fairly neutral tbh :lol:

Nice.

Where did you grow up? I assumed you lived in Sunderland for some reason.
I actually grew up in seaham but I hung around sunderland a lot and lived there for a little bit.

The north side is class man. Spent my youth ower there.

Mind I've now grown up and live on the south side.

All of sunlun is class.

Back