Worst place to live in Sunderland?

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Aituk7, Aug 8, 2018.

1. jedi_toaster

jedi_toaster Winger

Aren’t they? Mind, as soon as I get in from work I close my blinds because the sun is glaring off the telly screen something rotten in this weather....so I may be part of the ‘problem’.....

2. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

Athol Road. Think me and @Kevsgreat got offered sex off a young lady outside her house along there when walking back from the charity footy match one year. Reckon it was a trap like. Mind you we are both quite the lookers so probs not.

Kevsgreat likes this.
  3. Kevsgreat

Kevsgreat Striker

Most of it's gone!

Lived there for a few year in the early 90s when I was a kid. Not much fun. The houses on Shakespeare Street behind were always on fire and the buses stopped going that way after taking one too many brickings.

4. the dark one

the dark one Winger

Stop fishing man. You know all about eden Vale.

Deleted member 27677 likes this.
  5. Baghdad McBadLad

Baghdad McBadLad Central Defender

They all live in the doss house on the end of Sea Road, the police raided their property and took back all the stolen goods. Vile as I say.

6. Aituk7

Aituk7 Winger

Honestly have no idea about the place mate

7. Fletch

Fletch Striker

I don't think any of it is that bad that I wouldn't walk through at night or owt , but maybe im biased , although newcastle has some lovely areas i always thought some of its "rough" estates were far worse than whats in sunderland

Adamsy likes this.
  8. forzamilansafc

forzamilansafc Striker

You forgot the part about it not being £25 a pint

MackneyHackem likes this.
  9. Kevsgreat

Kevsgreat Striker

Taxi drivers like to mention there's some Asian families living here but I've had far less bother in ten years living here than any of the estates I've lived on.

Saw an opportunity to improve the gene pool didn't they, and who can blame them.

Mackem00 likes this.
  10. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Midfield

I knew there was a reason why the likes weren't rolling in.

Dmac1969 and forzamilansafc like this.
  11. Macho

Macho Striker

Both Pennywell and Ford are canny. People that knock them probably have never stepped foot in them, a couple of decades past is all they have to bash them with.

12. chillikebab

chillikebab Winger

Used to work right next to both of those streets. I recall one house where, let's just say, you walked in a boy and came out a man. Only a year and a bit ago that too.

13. Adamsy

Adamsy Full Back

Must agree with parts of Millfield though, I lived in Ravensworth st until I was 15. Class neighbours, everyone used to just walk in and out of each other’s houses, street parties etc. When I visit it now it’s not a nice place at all. Sad.

14. EDGE

EDGE Winger

I would say most of the residents are very decent people. Too much rubbish about though. Takeaways have to take responsibility for that.

Adamsy likes this.
  15. Yankee Mackem

Yankee Mackem Winger

It used to be Chatsworth street. My family lived there hundreds of bloody years, and as a student I rent a house there, have one week away and the papers ran a story asking if this was the worst house to live next to in Britain.

My mate ruined the place in the worlds biggest party.

16. gegsongegsonlegs

gegsongegsonlegs Central Defender

I worked in that doss house years ago and it was rotten mind... Stinking it was... Had to be on my toes with my tools as well.

17. EDGE

EDGE Winger

Near the roundabout or Windmill end?

18. bonnylad

bonnylad Midfield

Was born in Hendon Street off Hendon Road and my Grandma lived in Covent Garden(posh garth), moved to Hylton Castle 1955, so both North and South side me.
    Now in Cumbria, but still get back to see family, can honestly say if you look for trouble it will find you though.Back in the day worked part time in Pubs,can remember Spuggy Purvis and his mob sitting on floor of bar with umbrellas up off their faces on stuff and booze, but no trouble.

19. That's a question that needs to be asked carefully.

I was once lampooned for asking if a shop was at the sea end or the Bell end of Sea Road.

20. Herberthall

Herberthall Central Defender

Lived in Pallion when i was a youngen, was passing through a couple of weeks ago so decided to have a rake. The streets behind Pallion Rd (The Forge side) :oops:
    Houses with plastic windows graffiti on properties fkn awful. Feel sorry for decent folk who live there.