Worst place to live in Sunderland?

There’s a lovely big house on the corner of west lawn is empty and had a for sale sign up for months, then another couple round the corner on Ashbrooke road, the old townhouses. There’s some eye sore flats in that street as well which look a mess and half look empty whenever I’ve been past

The elms and elms west are hot and cold, some nice ones but mostly flats and half are empty. All up tunstall road there is the odd empty property and loads of them are flats, valebrook etc.

The Oakes, park place etc near Mowbray park is even worse, there’s dumped cars with trees growing out them and that, litter all over and I’ve been up a few times at tea time and later with the dog and there’s no lights on like, I wouldn’t be suprised it half of them are empty

Give owa man.

I live in Eden Vale and there’s loads of worse places in Sunderland. The Muslims never bother me, just the resident charv smackhead, and he’s fucked off to Downhill now, anyway.
Whilst its gid posh where I live, I agree that the charvers / smackrats in that area are the problem, and never had any ploblem with the local Sunderland Bangladeshi community in that area.
My garage got screwed and the police recovered nearly all of the stuff from a house at The Retreat; loads of indigenous scratters in the area are responsible for the marority of the crime in the area, or so the local plod told me

There isnt a single place mentioned on this thread that that I havent been to, and to be honest while some are more run down than others, I have never once felt unsafe anywhere in Sunderland as an adult.

It wasnt quite the same walking past Dame Dot as 12 year old heading back to the Town to catch the 160 home with my mates, which was as shady as fuck as a kid mind.

parts of Hendon (Hendon valley road, villette road area) are canny bad , mate of mine lives down there and his street has went from being canny when he bought his cottage 25 year ago, to being a dumping ground for utter shitheads in bottom rung private rentals , basically the only place any landlord will let them rent after being chucked out of numerous rental accomadation. eden vale/millfield aint that bad ,I was there yesterday, and apart from the street litter , it didn't come across as any different than its always been . I lived all over Sunderland ,east end , azalea terrace area, millfield, Ryhope, Plainsy , non of them were that bad if I remember rightly , never felt dangerous to walk the streets or owt, still doesn't, walked to the pub last night down chester road and through millfield , didn't get attacked or nowt!!

Back