Worst injury you've had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to rip every muscle and ligament out of my ankle without actually breaking it.

Used to play basketball as a kid and tried to do a 360 degree jump into a layup. My foot landed in a hole; as my body kept going round, my foot obviously didn't. I felt if go and tried to spin back round the other way to free said foot; it stayed stuck, so I over rotated it the other way too just to finish the job. Good times; my foot/ankle was massive for weeks.

Thankfully no actual breaks.

I cannot recall exactly what happened but one seemingly innocuous injury that has actually turned out to be a worry is I was in the bath and I think I must have been getting out or was about to do something that required me to lift my knees up and my right knee went right up to the end of the spout of the tap and on closer inspection took a very small gouge of skin out of my knee. Thankfully it was just literally "skin deep" so there was very little blood. But the thing is the little incident happened a few months ago and I still have a small red mark right where the knee connected with the end of the spout of the metal tap. I know it is a nothing incident. But the fact is we are a few months on and the red mark left after the scab peeled of still is there and does not seem to be fading at all.

I cannot recall exactly what happened but one seemingly innocuous injury that has actually turned out to be a worry is I was in the bath and I think I must have been getting out or was about to do something that required me to lift my knees up and my right knee went right up to the end of the spout of the tap and on closer inspection took a very small gouge of skin out of my knee. Thankfully it was just literally "skin deep" so there was very little blood. But the thing is the little incident happened a few months ago and I still have a small red mark right where the knee connected with the end of the spout of the metal tap. I know it is a nothing incident. But the fact is we are a few months on and the red mark left after the scab peeled of still is there and does not seem to be fading at all.

Did you ask your husband to put some padding on the tap?

Worst injury I've had was my own fault - I was about 13 and me and my mates decided to try and ride down Tunstall Hill on bikes. There was this lass I fancied there, so I made on like I done it before, I got to the top and picked this really steep bit to go down.

It started okay but then I almost instantly lost control of my bike and landed and then just rolled for what seemed an eternity. Face covered in blood, sprained my leg, must have caught my neck too as my Adams apple was killing. Cut lip, lost a tooth too... But I knew everyone was watching including her so I composed myself like a BOSS and said I had to go and that I was fine:) Soon as I was out of sight I cried my eyes out and phoned my mam :lol::lol::lol: I never did see that lass again..

Most Painful - Helping my Aunty put stuff in the car at ASDA, she thought I was in, my hand was still on the door, she slammed it......... Pure agony, it was black and blue for weeks.

Last edited:
Broken elbow playing cricket. Didnt realise until afterwards how hard it was to wipe your ar5e with the opposite hand (with toilet paper)

Disclocated kneecap. For the first split second I could feel the medial ligament pulling, felt a bit odd, then I hit the deck and the pain started. Was lucky that the kneecap went back into place on its own but it's never been right since.

50 years ago damaged cruciate, two torn cartilages. 30 years ago broken spine. You just have to get over it, not brave just practical.

Breaking my tib & fib in an argument with a 20ft pine pole was bad enough but then having one of the nursing staff at Hereford hospital remove my high leg boot from the damaged leg as I waited to go into x-ray stung a bit. X-rays showed the knacked leg to be missing about an inch of bones where the silly old goat had been pulling at my boot to get it off.

Snapped/shredded patellar tendon is the only major thing for me. Don't remember being in a great lot of pain at the time, in fact the paramedics when moving me off the hill slope, slipping and giving me a super wedgie felt more uncomfortable to be honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back