World's Luckiest Git

PTR

Striker
Only kidding, but imagine getting this letter in the post and realising you have to deal with all this crap

A couple were divorced by mistake after a computer error at a family law firm.
A staff member at Vardag's accidentally opened the file of a couple referred to in court papers as Mr and Mrs Williams, when trying to apply for a final divorce order for a different client.
Vardag's applied three days later to rescind the order but judge Sir Andrew McFarlane dismissed the application.

I really struggled understanding the article yesterday but I think Mr and Mrs Williams were after a divorce too but there were still financial proceedings taking place.

I really struggled understanding the article yesterday but I think Mr and Mrs Williams were after a divorce too but there were still financial proceedings taking place.
Aye, there's something more to it. You're probably right, there's a load of financial issues to resolve, but now their divorce is final how on earth does that get done?

It reads as if the couple who have been divorced by mistake hadn't agreed the finances but it must have worked out in the blokes favour as the wife is wanting it to be cancelled/ignored.

Aye, there's something more to it. You're probably right, there's a load of financial issues to resolve, but now their divorce is final how on earth does that get done?
It's fairly normal for a divorce to be finalised (final order issued) prior to financial orders being issued.

Back