World War 2 Documentaries

If you’re ever ower Germany get yerself to Colditz. It’s between Leipzig n Dresden. Greatest tourist thing I’ve ever done and the only one I’ve ever bigged up on here. Id watch/rewatch and read/reread the TV series and the books it was based on before going. There’s also a Colditz from the Germans side of things book, watch the fillum anarl.....Mebbes even play the board game. :lol:

BTW the bloke behind building the glider died last week, he also drove in the first F1 race. Family obviously had money but the obituaries sounded like a life lived.
I've done this recently. You are correct - best touristy thing I've done.

And the board game has been played ..... ;)
Obviously The World At War is the gold standard of WWII documentaries but I`ve just seen a couple on the National Geographic channel that some of you might be interested in.

There`s one on Das Reich including its atrocities at Orador-sur-Glane and one called Inside The SS which includes interviews with surviving members of the SS talking relatively recently about their experiences some have renounced their extreme views but a couple who horrifyingly show no remorse and indeed still justify their actions today.

Two fascinating (both two parters as well) documentaries including footage I hadn`t seen before and eye witness accounts. Should still be available on the National Geographic channel and well worth watching.
Don't watch Hunting Hitler - It is lies trying to spread gossip. Hitler died in his bunker.

Last edited:

This fella's channel is outstanding. I have watched loads of his videos. The content and narration is top notch!

His one about what happened to Nazis after the war is fascinating. Apparently the Israelis hired Klaus Barbie as a double agent - the same fucker who gassed thousands of them.

Back