World Test Championship Final: India v New Zealand

What I find funny is that the All Blacks are absolute twats, and the Black Caps all seem brilliant blokes
Are they twats? Obviously to play rugby for New Zealand comes with way more expectation and pressure on the field - which drives the worst out of players. But in interviews, they all come across as sound blokes who'd you'd like to have a beer with (like pretty much every kiwi bloke I've ever met). Obviously, the thing about the cricket team is they've been largely shit forever - so the players don't have to take themselves as seriously.

Are they twats? Obviously to play rugby for New Zealand comes with way more expectation and pressure on the field - which drives the worst out of players. But in interviews, they all come across as sound blokes who'd you'd like to have a beer with (like pretty much every kiwi bloke I've ever met). Obviously, the thing about the cricket team is they've been largely shit forever - so the players don't have to take themselves as seriously.
Probably a tad harsh, but despite their “no dickheads” rule, they come across as brats. Watched an episode of All or Nothing last night actually, and their reactions during the 3rd lions test were spoilt

Probably a tad harsh, but despite their “no dickheads” rule, they come across as brats. Watched an episode of All or Nothing last night actually, and their reactions during the 3rd lions test were spoilt
Maybe, but how much of that is because their media/ country absolutely hammers them every single loss (or even close win)? Whisper it, but I reckon it's the same with the Aussie cricket team - they're probably sound blokes, or they seem to be in interviews, but that desire to win pushes them far too far (except Davey Warner - he's a ****).

Maybe, but how much of that is because their media/ country absolutely hammers them every single loss (or even close win)? Whisper it, but I reckon it's the same with the Aussie cricket team - they're probably sound blokes, or they seem to be in interviews, but that desire to win pushes them far too far (except Davey Warner - he's a ****).
You’ve gone too far

Mods, I've been banned for less :lol:

Last edited:
@nz joe well done mate, delighted for yas 👏
Nice to see the old mantra that a team that plays as a team is superior to a team of individuals .
Even so I would be first to admit that the conditions favoured NZ's attack but that is the luck of the draw.
Thought when Southee dropped Pant early on last day ,that the chance of victory had slipped through his fingers, if you will pardon the pun, but they hung in there and grit and determination got them home .
I much prefer a wicket that does a bit ,rather than the pavements Aussies play on ,or the dust bowls that Indian spinners thrive on .
Looking forward to the England/India series , hopefully some wickets that will create a fair contest between bat and ball .

Saw that live, was funny as fuck :lol:
Nice to see the old mantra that a team that plays as a team is superior to a team of individuals .
Even so I would be first to admit that the conditions favoured NZ's attack but that is the luck of the draw.
Thought when Southee dropped Pant early on last day ,that the chance of victory had slipped through his fingers, if you will pardon the pun, but they hung in there and grit and determination got them home .
I much prefer a wicket that does a bit ,rather than the pavements Aussies play on ,or the dust bowls that Indian spinners thrive on .
Looking forward to the England/India series , hopefully some wickets that will create a fair contest between bat and ball .
Congratulations Joe lad :cool:

Last edited:
And England rub that arrogant get Kohli's nose in the dirt ;)

Saw that live, was funny as fuck :lol:

Congratulations Joe lad :cool:
No need to congratulate me mate , I always support the Kiwis unless they are playing England .
Like Kiwis who have lived in the UK for years ,, one doesn't change allegiance totally .
Mind you it's pretty easy to support the Kiwi cricket team , they never get the plaudits of the bigger nations but often punch above their weight .
England could take a leaf out of their play book , they are loyal to their players and don't chop and change for the sake of it . Comes from having fewer to chose from I suppose .

Back