World of Warcraft: Classic

coyneeee

Winger
Confirmed release date 27th August.

Previous WoW threads have always been blighted with posters playing on different realms/faction which resulted in nothing ever happening so I thought I'd try it 1 more time nice and early and we can all maybe's do the same thing.

I'll be playing as Alliance on the PVE server. Which PVE server I'll post when at a later time. Feel free to do the same and hopefully we can do the old school content together.

I haven't played BFA but I'll be resubbing for Classic. Probably a mage or a priest. I played melee all through to Legion so want to play something different.

I haven't played BFA but I'll be resubbing for Classic. Probably a mage or a priest. I played melee all through to Legion so want to play something different.

Looking at Warrior myself, either a NElf or a Dwarf.

Can't wait until I can't afford my Level 40 mount because I chose to learn Rend rank 5 instead.

Was looking forward to this but put a lot of time into lights hope and not sure I can do the fucker again for a third time. I'm also not looking forward to all the chump tourists from current retail.

If I do play I'll probably go troll hunter or maybe just a prot pala farmer.

I haven't played BFA
Same, first expansion I've never purchased and it's seems like a good choice from all the negativity I read on mmo champ, sounds like a car crash of an expansion.

Last edited:
Can't see it working, the novelty for the majority will wear quickly when they can't get a raid together.

Having said that, I may give it a go for nostalgia sake. What would be the cheapest way of me getting it, considering I haven't played for 8 or so years?

Can't see it working, the novelty for the majority will wear quickly when they can't get a raid together.

Having said that, I may give it a go for nostalgia sake. What would be the cheapest way of me getting it, considering I haven't played for 8 or so years?
As far as I know you just need to have an active sub to play, you don't need the latest expansion I don't think

But you're right I think the majority of players will find it too much of a chore, they whinged like mad about not having flying mounts

It’s an amazing game but it won’t work. What made the game special was the social scene. It’s completely gone and anybody that played the game only from TBC and onwards won’t like how difficult the grind is.

It’s an amazing game but it won’t work. What made the game special was the social scene. It’s completely gone and anybody that played the game only from TBC and onwards won’t like how difficult the grind is.

Nostralius worked. And the people who played on the Nostralius servers created their own communities and had an active online user rate of about 500k plus so the logic is badly flawed innit.

It's upto the playerbase to create the communities as done on the Nostralius servers, there's no LFG, LFR or any of that shit. There is cross-realm battlegrounds and phasing in the starting zones so there isn't about 250 people looking for that Level 2 Boar for its ribs to complete a quest and that's all the technical help it's getting. There's a LookingForGroup channel in chat and that's the only help the player is getting.

How classic goes depends is all upto the playerbase, if they want to be all arsey and demand X Y and Z for a pug run in Molten Core then it wont get anywhere, but if the community decides fuck it, its just Molten Core we'll take anyone with a brain but don't be that guy who specs Fire if you're a Mage.

It's a big reason to why if we do go ahead why the Server choice will be critical, a server with a big non-elitist community will be the most ideal.

There are several private servers running. Google Elysium Project, I play on that one for now.

Nostralius worked. And the people who played on the Nostralius servers created their own communities and had an active online user rate of about 500k plus so the logic is badly flawed innit.

It's upto the playerbase to create the communities as done on the Nostralius servers, there's no LFG, LFR or any of that shit. There is cross-realm battlegrounds and phasing in the starting zones so there isn't about 250 people looking for that Level 2 Boar for its ribs to complete a quest and that's all the technical help it's getting. There's a LookingForGroup channel in chat and that's the only help the player is getting.

How classic goes depends is all upto the playerbase, if they want to be all arsey and demand X Y and Z for a pug run in Molten Core then it wont get anywhere, but if the community decides fuck it, its just Molten Core we'll take anyone with a brain but don't be that guy who specs Fire if you're a Mage.

It's a big reason to why if we do go ahead why the Server choice will be critical, a server with a big non-elitist community will be the most ideal.
According to reddit Nost peaked at about 800k. If you can get that playbase back plus the current retail crop who didn't want to play pirate i can see it quite easily surpassing 1 million on release.

According to reddit Nost peaked at about 800k. If you can get that playbase back plus the current retail crop who didn't want to play pirate i can see it quite easily surpassing 1 million on release.

Think 1 million is pessimistic for release, double that maybe.

I think there's alot of factors to why it'll go down to about the million mark once the population stabilises - Private servers are often plagued with corrupt GM's in guilds who coincidentally get both bindings for Thunderfury on the very 1st kill and that reason alone is why WoW Classic will do better than Nost ever did.

Think 1 million is pessimistic for release, double that maybe.

I think there's alot of factors to why it'll go down to about the million mark once the population stabilises - Private servers are often plagued with corrupt GM's in guilds who coincidentally get both bindings for Thunderfury on the very 1st kill and that reason alone is why WoW Classic will do better than Nost ever did.
Would be impressed if both bindings did drop mate.

Server lists have been revealed tonight.

2 pvp servers to accommodate over 20 countries, good luck getting PvP rank 10+ or even getting out the starting area and if you manage that, good luck getting out of Hillsbrad or Stranglethorn Vale :D

Will be sticking to a PVE server, Pyrewood Village server as Alliance.

Would anyone be up for joining me?

Server lists have been revealed tonight.

2 pvp servers to accommodate over 20 countries, good luck getting PvP rank 10+ or even getting out the starting area and if you manage that, good luck getting out of Hillsbrad or Stranglethorn Vale :D

Will be sticking to a PVE server, Pyrewood Village server as Alliance.

Would anyone be up for joining me?

I'll throw you a 'kek' if i see you around, alliance scum.

Back