World Heavy Metal Congress

Yeah, I think that was his view. Some people certainly take it seriously.
You seem to be pushing the serious thing. It's a genre of music. Same as any other. My tastes broadened but it's still feels good to put some on the turntable and get those cobwebs blown away. :cool:

You seem to be pushing the serious thing. It's a genre of music. Same as any other. My tastes broadened but it's still feels good to put some on the turntable and get those cobwebs blown away. :cool:
Possibly, although personal experience is that a lot of HM fans get a bit narked if you make fun of it, even though they must see how daft a lot of the imagery and lyrics are. As I said, I'm not averse to quite a few tracks if the mood takes me.

Possibly, although personal experience is that a lot of HM fans get a bit narked if you make fun of it, even though they must see how daft a lot of the imagery and lyrics are. As I said, I'm not averse to quite a few tracks if the mood takes me.
It was daft. It still is. We all think we're the dog's bollocks when we're seventeen. Celebrate the daftness as far as I'm concerned. Just listen to whatever music you like and let yourself go.

Last edited:
Sabbath didn't invent Heavy Metal. There's a decent argument that The Kinks did with All Day And All Of The Night.

Common fallacy that matey. Did alright in my youth with me Skinny Jeans, Metallica T T and Hi tops...ask yer ma;)
Cringe now when i think about but hey ho, i was young and daft and the music is still canny.
Hey son I’m owld enough to have bought the first 2 Sabbath albums and Deep Purple in Rock when they first came out!

People take the piss out of it but wasn’t there a survey not too long ago that found that the preferred genre of music among high-achieving students was heavy metal?

Back