Working with snakes

No I am not head keeper of the reptile house at a zoo.

I don’t trust my 2 immediate work colleagues and very few of the rest of the ***** in our department.

If one colleague slags off the other to me, then it’s obvious that they’ll be doing the same with me when I’m not present. I try to remain neutral and not offer an opinion.

I’ve found out today that one of the colleagues has had a problem with something I said a few weeks ago, but they wouldn’t have said anything directly to me if I hadn’t have asked. That’s all work banter of any kind ruled out now.

Does anyone else keep personal chat to a minimum and just get on with your work with the minimum amount of interaction?
It's took me 28 years but I'm starting to click on.

A mate of mine sent his gaffer hamster shit in a jiffy bag, posted it from London. I found it quite amusing to be fair.
I once sent a gaffer the plans how I’d take him out. It involved him slowing down at wearside golf club.
Cops weren’t happy.

Female colleague arrives at 10ish each morning. I was talking to someone else but she barged in on the convo, I half jokingly told her to stop being nosey as she usually understands my sense of humour.

Today after a few weeks she told me that it had upset her but that I’d then said something else to her afterwards about what she was wearing. Again, we usually wind each other up and e.g. when she finalised her divorce I joked that she was a ‘cougar on the prowl’.

If I have to think about what will upset her or not then I will just say hello in the morning and goodbye when she leaves.

The irony is that I could have taken offence at loads of stuff that she’s said over 8 years.

And no I WADn’t.
Reported

They sound like twats that bring their personal issues into work and cry to get everyone's attention. I can tell.;)

Is The Bride of Dracula any cop in the looks department?

Mrs K’s official title is Administration Coordinator, which means she is in charge of running four admin offices for the department of health over here supervising offices that are exclusively staffed by females. She gets exasperated by the shit that they frequently pull.
For example, there’s one who works a flexible work arrangement, meaning that she is expected to work in different offices when the need arises. Virtually without fail, when Mrs K asks her to work in a different office to her normal one she agrees but on the day she has to work calls in sick or calls to say her little son is sick so still getting paid to do do nothing and letting down others in the process.
Another one is so incapable at her job that Mrs K has been trying her best to get her our, but as it’s a government organization it’s nigh on impossible. This woman was allowed to take home a car from work last year. The protocol should be that one set of keys stays at the office whilst the car user has the other. During the time she had the car it was stolen from the office carpark whilst she had the keys. Turned out that she took the second set of keys back home as well. When asked where they were she couldn’t find them. Mrs K informed the police who did an investigation and handed it on to her boss who essentially did nothing to assist the inquiry.

No I am not head keeper of the reptile house at a zoo.

I don’t trust my 2 immediate work colleagues and very few of the rest of the ***** in our department.

If one colleague slags off the other to me, then it’s obvious that they’ll be doing the same with me when I’m not present. I try to remain neutral and not offer an opinion.

I’ve found out today that one of the colleagues has had a problem with something I said a few weeks ago, but they wouldn’t have said anything directly to me if I hadn’t have asked. That’s all work banter of any kind ruled out now.

Does anyone else keep personal chat to a minimum and just get on with your work with the minimum amount of interaction?

Me. But then i'm an unsocial loner. Seriously, if i worked with people who were like that, i'd have nothing to say to them beyond what was needed. And i'd put something rude in the secret Santa draw.

We have a Clinical Director/Lead who is known as clean hands or sloping shoulders. Ive never met a bloke like him before for slagging you off behind your back but then being really nice to your face. Hes gone too far this time and is being sacked at Christmas, which he doesn't know about yet.

Hes that bad the boss had to move to the Christmas party to a night he couldn't make for fear or either no one turning up or one of us killing him.

Back