Working with snakes

I worked with snakes for many years. I finally had enough & looked elsewhere. Took me 2 years, but I got another job. Less money, but much, much more enjoyable. I see my colleagues for about an hour on Monday morning & I'm gone for the week then. I always found blokes that I worked with to be bigger fannies than women.

No I am not head keeper of the reptile house at a zoo.

I don’t trust my 2 immediate work colleagues and very few of the rest of the ***** in our department.

If one colleague slags off the other to me, then it’s obvious that they’ll be doing the same with me when I’m not present. I try to remain neutral and not offer an opinion.

I’ve found out today that one of the colleagues has had a problem with something I said a few weeks ago, but they wouldn’t have said anything directly to me if I hadn’t have asked. That’s all work banter of any kind ruled out now.

Does anyone else keep personal chat to a minimum and just get on with your work with the minimum amount of interaction?

Ha'way, what did you say?

I don’t trust my 2 immediate work colleagues and very few of the rest of the ***** in our department.

If one colleague slags off the other to me, then it’s obvious that they’ll be doing the same with me when I’m not present. I try to remain neutral and not offer an opinion.

I’ve found out today that one of the colleagues has had a problem with something I said a few weeks ago, but they wouldn’t have said anything directly to me if I hadn’t have asked. That’s all work banter of any kind ruled out now.

Does anyone else keep personal chat to a minimum and just get on with your work with the minimum amount of interaction?
I am a well respected and reliable member of my team. If I have to work with snakes I train them to bite but they wont realise what I'm doing.

I think it’s remarkable in any work place just how many people still pull primary school level shit with each other. I’ve always made a point of calling people out on it in a non-confrontational way but to their faces. Kind of, “Oh, I stopped being like that when I was about 10. Do you still go on like that?”

Also probably why I’ve never been able to last longer than 2 years in any job in the whole of my career.

Ha'way, what did you say?
Female colleague arrives at 10ish each morning. I was talking to someone else but she barged in on the convo, I half jokingly told her to stop being nosey as she usually understands my sense of humour.

Today after a few weeks she told me that it had upset her but that I’d then said something else to her afterwards about what she was wearing. Again, we usually wind each other up and e.g. when she finalised her divorce I joked that she was a ‘cougar on the prowl’.

If I have to think about what will upset her or not then I will just say hello in the morning and goodbye when she leaves.

The irony is that I could have taken offence at loads of stuff that she’s said over 8 years.

And no I WADn’t.

Female colleague arrives at 10ish each morning. I was talking to someone else but she barged in on the convo, I half jokingly told her to stop being nosey as she usually understands my sense of humour.

Today after a few weeks she told me that it had upset her but that I’d then said something else to her afterwards about what she was wearing. Again, we usually wind each other up and e.g. when she finalised her divorce I joked that she was a ‘cougar on the prowl’.

If I have to think about what will upset her or not then I will just say hello in the morning and goodbye when she leaves.

The irony is that I could have taken offence at loads of stuff that she’s said over 8 years.

And no I WADn’t.
Big mistake mentioning her dungarees and Doc Martins, Stevie mate!

And no I WADn’t.
She obviously is on the prowl and wanting your cock Stevie lad. Hell hath no fury and all that jazz, close the old peepers, think of engerland and get it rattled for a peaceful life

Me, they’re a set of two-faced cûnts, the gaffer being the worst.
I've had this. Worked with some right kernts and the biggest kernt I ever worked with was my manager at one point. I was the reason why she never returned to work though. ;)

I now work in an office that's usually just the 4 of us. The boss and his dad (the real boss but 72 now and being pushed out slowly by the son) in one room, and then my Spanish colleague and me in the other room. Then there's a Russian girl that comes in once a week/2 weeks), another slightly older woman that comes in once a week and a guy that only comes in once a week. All very civil and no bitching necessary. And no snide shit needed either. Very good atmosphere. Also decent pay, decent bosses, treated well, 90 minute dinners every day, the older boss and his wife bring us fresh fruit in from their farm every week, taken out for dinners (all paid for), off to a hotel for Christmas (all paid for) etc... My current job is decent.

Back