Working rights - help

A few years ago my mate had his contract 'non-renewed' by a company. 4 months later, a month after they made his final salary payment, they deposited £92k in his account.

He kept quiet.

Same company, a colleague regularly used to receive twice his salary, two separate payments, and we never found out why. Again, he kept quiet.

None of this helps you.

I'd just spend it, it's not like they can sack you mate

This

wondered if anyone could help point me in the right direction.

I was offered a place of employment in May to which I initially accepted. I was sent details of how to log onto this companies online portal to enter a range of details. Some of the details I entered where my bank details to how I would be paid.

Due to the start date then being altered I ended up emailing to say that I would be declining this position as I had gained employment somewhere else. I then receieved a snotty email in response (this was not the first one, the company is an absolute joke) maybe I shouldn't have, but I responded to this email and put the record straight about how I had been dealt with (very poorly) throughout the application process and that I was thankful that I would not be taking up employment within the company.

Since then I have received 2 monthly payments from this company and I do not even work there. This has nacked up my tax.

I have been in contact with the main office at Belfast after the first time. I was told that this would not happen again... which it did. On friday I recieved an email to say that my contract had been extended and to basically keep up the good work.

This is a large company with hundreds of employees. I find it staggering that they can do this to somebody that does not even work for them and I would not be surprised if they put a third payment into my bank which I will then have to go to the trouble of arranging for it to be returned.

Can anybody help me on how I can go about solving this issue. How I can go about getting my details removed. I have tried with the premises were the position should have been. I have tried with the main office in Belfast and nothing is being done. They are all amatuers!

I don't know if I can contact my bank to prevent this company from paying me but even if so the info will still be sent to HMRC?

Any help will be appreciated.
Are you Jack Rodwell?

Jack Rodwell as I live and breathe! How are you babes?
:lol::lol:

My first though

When I was an apprentice we used to get a pay rise each year (until we graduated and were on the proper money).

All four years they’d not give us the pay rise when it was due so we would go and ask the accounts department 3 or so months later who would raise a check for the amount of back pay and we would cash that.

Then every single time we would get the pay rise next mo th plus the back pay in our account.

Was only about and extra £4-600 each time but on apprentice wages was class.

Kept it, spent it and never got found out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any point in HR in the US?
You know sometimes I wonder the same thing. There are Federal laws and Sate Laws. Then you each State having their own independent laws that govern the Human Resources department. Plus, each organization has their own policies that must be adhered to and enforced. Sometimes, people are confused as to what is company policy and what is State law, so you have to be very careful as to how you word policies

You know sometimes I wonder the same thing. There are Federal laws and Sate Laws. Then you each State having their own independent laws that govern the Human Resources department. Plus, each organization has their own policies that must be adhered to and enforced. Sometimes, people are confused as to what is company policy and what is State law, so you have to be very careful as to how you word policies
Organisation!

What advice would you give if this was in America?

In England a fool is a very respected person that were once appointed to royalty for entertainment as they were very highly paid and had the run of a castle.

They arm HR employees in America to keep the workers in line.
Sounds like their payroll department has been left out of the loop. Sometimes one department handles all the hiring and another department handles the payroll. Maybe get a hold of the person in charge of payroll directly (and not the general HR department) and let them know. Also, not sure if you can do it there, but some banks allow you to block deposits into your account free of charge. Depending on what kind of account you have, of course.

Unfortunately, this sounds like they have too many moving parts and they are confusing themselves.

If this keeps up, I would call them and demand a raise for all the headaches.

Organisation!
Erm Armericanisms...
You've just spelt cheque as check, above
:lol:
Autocorrect obviously. :rolleyes::lol:
I am American so I speak with what you folks call "Americanisms". It is what it is, folks. Not going to change the way I speak/type for you fuckers. :D

Sounds like their payroll department has been left out of the loop. Sometimes one department handles all the hiring and another department handles the payroll. Maybe get a hold of the person in charge of payroll directly (and not the general HR department) and let them know. Also, not sure if you can do it there, but some banks allow you to block deposits into your account free of charge. Depending on what kind of account you have, of course.

Unfortunately, this sounds like they have too many moving parts and they are confusing themselves.

If this keeps up, I would call them and demand a raise for all the headaches.

I am American so I speak with what you folks call "Americanisms". It is what it is, folks. Not going to change the way I speak/type for you fuckers. :D
Wanker. Or is that douche bag.

Ask them to remove your personal data inline with GDPR policies and that any further use of your data will be reported to the information commissioners office.

^this, i’m sure they’d love their first test case should the company not listen

Back