Working rights - help

poolie

Midfield
wondered if anyone could help point me in the right direction.

I was offered a place of employment in May to which I initially accepted. I was sent details of how to log onto this companies online portal to enter a range of details. Some of the details I entered where my bank details to how I would be paid.

Due to the start date then being altered I ended up emailing to say that I would be declining this position as I had gained employment somewhere else. I then receieved a snotty email in response (this was not the first one, the company is an absolute joke) maybe I shouldn't have, but I responded to this email and put the record straight about how I had been dealt with (very poorly) throughout the application process and that I was thankful that I would not be taking up employment within the company.

Since then I have received 2 monthly payments from this company and I do not even work there. This has nacked up my tax.

I have been in contact with the main office at Belfast after the first time. I was told that this would not happen again... which it did. On friday I recieved an email to say that my contract had been extended and to basically keep up the good work.

This is a large company with hundreds of employees. I find it staggering that they can do this to somebody that does not even work for them and I would not be surprised if they put a third payment into my bank which I will then have to go to the trouble of arranging for it to be returned.

Can anybody help me on how I can go about solving this issue. How I can go about getting my details removed. I have tried with the premises were the position should have been. I have tried with the main office in Belfast and nothing is being done. They are all amatuers!

I don't know if I can contact my bank to prevent this company from paying me but even if so the info will still be sent to HMRC?

Any help will be appreciated.

I was offered a place of employment in May to which I initially accepted. I was sent details of how to log onto this companies online portal to enter a range of details. Some of the details I entered where my bank details to how I would be paid.

Due to the start date then being altered I ended up emailing to say that I would be declining this position as I had gained employment somewhere else. I then receieved a snotty email in response (this was not the first one, the company is an absolute joke) maybe I shouldn't have, but I responded to this email and put the record straight about how I had been dealt with (very poorly) throughout the application process and that I was thankful that I would not be taking up employment within the company.

Since then I have received 2 monthly payments from this company and I do not even work there. This has nacked up my tax.

I have been in contact with the main office at Belfast after the first time. I was told that this would not happen again... which it did. On friday I recieved an email to say that my contract had been extended and to basically keep up the good work.

This is a large company with hundreds of employees. I find it staggering that they can do this to somebody that does not even work for them and I would not be surprised if they put a third payment into my bank which I will then have to go to the trouble of arranging for it to be returned.

Can anybody help me on how I can go about solving this issue. How I can go about getting my details removed. I have tried with the premises were the position should have been. I have tried with the main office in Belfast and nothing is being done. They are all amatuers!

I don't know if I can contact my bank to prevent this company from paying me but even if so the info will still be sent to HMRC?

Surely your bank can stop the payments being completed??

Surely the sensible thing to do would be to send them a letter by recorded delivery pointing out what has happened, what steps you have taken to bring it to their attention and asking them to rectify the situation they have created.

Any further payments they make to you is put into a seperate bank account and you don’t touch it.

Eventually they will realise what has happened and will want their money back. Don’t listen to anyone on here telling you to keep and spend the cash. It’s not yours and never was and by treating it as if it was could lay you open to possible criminal charges.

Saying as you don't work for them and they are paying you. I don't work for them or you so why not start paying me :D
As some have said above put money in separate account,send a letter by recorded delivery to the company and also go and see the tax office and explain everything to them. By the time you retire it should be all sorted out.

Back of the net , woo hoo !!

Back