Working remotely

PR, copywriting, SEO, it’s all complete bollocks like.
Chiang Mai is apparently mint for it. It’s exactly what I want to do, specifically copywriting.
I’d be hugely grateful if you could give me some pointers because I’m just in the process of starting to look into doing it freelance. The only advice I’ve been given so far is charge more than you think you should :lol:

Imagine waking up at 6:45 to post that. Leave me alone.

People showing themselves up more like. Try and open up and you get stuff like that!

This may have something to do with you be a condescending, aggressive twat quite regularly in the past on PF to be fair.

edit: good luck, I'd love to be able to work remotely from wherever abroad.

Last edited:
Just realised I didn’t really answer your question. If I were you I’d do it without hesitation. You may find friends are settling down and doing the standard house and kids thing, but the opportunity to see the world, live in breathtaking beauty while spending a fraction of what you would if you stayed here is something very few can do.
There’s always the option of coming back if it doesn’t pan out how you’d hoped, but to not even try would be criminal (in my opinion)

Just realised I didn’t really answer your question. If I were you I’d do it without hesitation. You may find friends are settling down and doing the standard house and kids thing, but the opportunity to see the world, live in breathtaking beauty while spending a fraction of what you would if you stayed here is something very few can do.
There’s always the option of coming back if it doesn’t pan out how you’d hoped, but to not even try would be criminal (in my opinion)

Also he can settle down and have kids when he's 60 with a 19yr old lass he meets out in Asia.

Also he can settle down and have kids when he's 60 with a 19yr old lass he meets out in Asia.

:lol: hope I am never that person.

Good advice aye,cheers, I am looking into Japan first (not the cheapest) but great place.

Good advice aye,cheers, I am looking into Japan first (not the cheapest) but great place.

Honestly don't know why you'd be looking at people getting married and having bairns as an achievement.

It's great and all, I'm sure it takes a lot of hard work and all that and makes you happy, but I don't know a single person who has kids who doesn't think those of us that don't yet as lucky bastards to be able to basically do whatever we want all the time.

Amazing place. Could be a useful starting point as there’s a lot of multinational companies there you could appeal to. As well as insane internet speeds and technological infrastructure which means you’re not worrying about finding a cafe with 3G or worse to get your work done.

Amazing place. Could be a useful starting point as there’s a lot of multinational companies there you could appeal to. As well as insane internet speeds and technological infrastructure which means you’re not worrying about finding a cafe with 3G or worse to get your work done.

Just got to find someone to take my flat, only thing holding be back at minute. Yeah you're right.

Is this the case in parts of Asia?

Honestly don't know why you'd be looking at people getting married and having bairns as an achievement.

It's great and all, I'm sure it takes a lot of hard work and all that and makes you happy, but I don't know a single person who has kids who doesn't think those of us that don't yet as lucky bastards to be able to basically do whatever we want all the time.

Aye its a fair point, get pretty hard on myself, that is probably it

I bet you could sublet it for a profit and have somebody move in tomorrow if you wanted to.

I bet none of your London mates have settled down have they?

Fair point.

landlord and flatmates want someone in permanent, fair enough really, just means can't really afford to paying 2 rents at once, you can imagine what I am playing in London.

Fair point.

landlord and flatmates want someone in permanent, fair enough really, just means can't really afford to paying 2 rents at once, you can imagine what I am playing in London.
Even so all you need to do is advertise the room and let your flatmates interview the prospective new tenants? Happens all the time. You could be away in a matter of weeks.

Is this the case in parts of Asia?
Cambodia, Burma, and rural parts of Asia from what I’ve read. Conversely there’s parts with a great reputation such as Chiang Mai, Bangkok, most of Japan and large cities in China.
China comes with its own issues though, like it’s firewalls and such

Ah no I’m on about ones next to beaches in Bali n that they look class

Just have desk space, printers etc if you need them

Just a heads up that even the best wifi in Bali cuts out and is generally very unreliable. So if youre relying on skype calls etc may be an issue but otherwise can be ok

Cambodia, Burma, and rural parts of Asia from what I’ve read. Conversely there’s parts with a great reputation such as Chiang Mai, Bangkok, most of Japan and large cities in China.
China comes with its own issues though, like it’s firewalls and such

Be canny embarrassing going to Asia to work remotely and having to go home because you haven't got any Wi-Fi like.

Back