Working late

Does anyone do it? For example I’ve done 4 hours extra tonight finishing at 10.nightmare of a shift
Depends. When you are on a Day Rate it is often "expected" that you work longer hours (my standard day these days is 0730-1700) but often if the project demands it I will work late into the night. Doesn't happen often though

Love it. Would happily work 12-8 each day.

no body loves work man....id rather be rich as fuck chilling out on my yacht in monaco marina smashing the fuck out of some thick as whale spunk tart with big tits doing lines of her arsehole

Working sucks ass

must be class to be proper loaded

Last time i did long hours was in Boro. Started at 7am left at 6pm. Plus 45 minutes drive there and same back. Was a long day. Hard graft too. Did that for a year. That was about 6 months before i retired. As said by @Nukehasslefan , money was poor but made to look reasonable because i worked so many hours. Sat morning too when we didn't have a home game.
That's roughly the hours I do every day. I get a day rate so don't get any extra.

I'd happily do this if the shift allowance was upped. I'd get to see more of our lass and the bairns if I did. Work 3 shifts at the minute and it's a pain in the arse sometimes.

Aye, childcare was the main reason turned to nights. Can luckily get a couple hours kip on a night so I'd have the bairn the next day and maybe have an hour whilst she's on her tablet or something to see me through. I get a whole 40p an hour extra.
Pics FFS!!!!!

Best left to your imagination. Their uniforms aren't flattering unfortunately 😑

Last edited:
8 til 6ish Monday to Friday
Half hour break sometimes
Done all the daft hours stuff years ago
Worker smarter not harder and all that

no body loves work man....id rather be rich as fuck chilling out on my yacht in monaco marina smashing the fuck out of some thick as whale spunk tart with big tits doing lines of her arsehole

Working sucks ass

must be class to be proper loaded

People who work soulless, private sector jobs grinding day in and day out to make someone else richer might hate their job.

8-4.30 mon-Thursday 8-13.00 Friday.
Used to put the extra hours in but no better thought of so I’d rather do my contracted hours then get home to my kids and enjoy there time.

Only when work dictates that I should. For example on Saturday just gone, I should have finished at 1am. At that time I was stuck in a hospital ED and didn’t leave until 5:45am. I then had to take the patient to another location, where I had essential paperwork to complete then get back to my office, dekit, send my boss an email to explain that his ot budget had just gone tits up and knock off at 8:30am.
Can never do enough for a good firm, that’s what I always say.

I have finished on time once in the last 2 weeks. Bank holiday monday I was off 7 hours late, the average each day for the two weeks is probably between 3 and 4 hours. The double time eased the BH pain though.

Does anyone do it? For example I’ve done 4 hours extra tonight finishing at 10.nightmare of a shift

Sometimes it just goes with the territory. I may work past 11pm some nights and other days I'll be done with graft mid-afternoon. Fortunately I am able to work around things I want to do rather than having to do things around work schedules.

Back