Working in the fitness industry

True but if I am in top condition in my 50s then I’d be able to offer practical experience to a big segment of people who are partaking in exercise now.
I am in top condition and will be 53 in 6 weeks time. However, there are unavoidable facts: Muscle mass diminishes with age, fat percentage rises. Not much you can do other than plod on. If your plan is to get overweight middle aged blokes and beast them you had best be ready for lawsuits after they keel over.

I am in top condition and will be 53 in 6 weeks time. However, there are unavoidable facts: Muscle mass diminishes with age, fat percentage rises. Not much you can do other than plod on. If your plan is to get overweight middle aged blokes and beast them you had best be ready for lawsuits after they keel over.
I'm 57 in October my muscle mass grows and fat diminishes with my fitness regime. While I agree there are reasons why the opposite occurs you can address it. Many believe that they aging and are told this will occur so let it happen. Take the bull by the horns and do just the opposite..I advise on nutrition also which is paramount in my thinking.

It's been on my mind for about 5 months now to make the change. I have a good career to lose, but not much else. I'm going to look at a mix of in-gym training, and also approaching business owners on LinkedIn - I've got the CV to be able to say I have been in their shoes and know how to strike the right balance / get the mindsets working in support of each other.

I've a few other business orientated ideas.

I'd be keen to hear from PT's on the forum about what the entry level trainers experience. My impression is that you start in a chain gym cleaning the equipment delivering classes etc - get thrown a few leads but basically are up against it. If / when I do it, I want to have a business plan with progressive client targets to get things off the ground within 3 months otherwise I need to reassess..?

Last edited:
It's been on my mind for about 5 months now to make the change. I have a good career to lose, but not much else. I'm going to look at a mix of in-gym training, and also approaching business owners on LinkedIn - I've got the CV to be able to say I have been in their shoes and know how to strike the right balance / get the mindsets working in support of each other.

I've a few other business orientated ideas.

I'd be keen to hear from PT's on the forum about what the entry level trainers experience. My impression is that you start in a chain gym cleaning the equipment delivering classes etc - get thrown a few leads but basically are up against it. If / when I do it, I want to have a business plan with progressive client targets to get things off the ground within 3 months otherwise I need to reassess..?
I spoke to someone at the gym who has a mate who takes training sessions into office based companies so that the sedentary work force are given a workout. It could be a winner, Rodney.

I spoke to someone at the gym who has a mate who takes training sessions into office based companies so that the sedentary work force are given a workout. It could be a winner, Rodney.
Haha, that isn't what I've got in mind tbh - I'm not sure on first thoughts how that would go down in my work place but if it works for someone then it presumably is working for others too.

There's loads of gaps in the market and ways to make a niche. I think the key (having never done it, obviously) is to have a business plan, vision and clear proposition / target audience.

Haha, that isn't what I've got in mind tbh - I'm not sure on first thoughts how that would go down in my work place but if it works for someone then it presumably is working for others too.

There's loads of gaps in the market and ways to make a niche. I think the key (having never done it, obviously) is to have a business plan, vision and clear proposition / target audience.
Bored MILFs?????

Back