Working from home

Done so for the last 10 years.Pros outweigh the cons even if just to avoid the commute from Seaton to Darlo each day . Dont really have the chance to skive as we used Skype for business across all the offices in Europe and if no mouse activity for 5 or 10 minutes you light changes from Green for available to Yellow for away
This is the killer :rolleyes::lol:

Done so for the last 10 years.Pros outweigh the cons even if just to avoid the commute from Seaton to Darlo each day . Dont really have the chance to skive as we used Skype for business across all the offices in Europe and if no mouse activity for 5 or 10 minutes you light changes from Green for available to Yellow for away

I've one of these that keeps the mousepad active while I have a lunchtime nap

Logon or register to see this image

Pretty sure there's an option in Skype to increase the amount of time you can be inactive before your status changes to Away or Inactive.
You used to be able to stop it by changing your status, so you could set a permanent state of away/busy/available etc. Probably locked by admin too.

Last edited:
I managed to wash the car yesterday and I have been shopping and cut the grass today. I get 15 minutes before Skype goes to away so when I'm in the garden or washing the car I just come in every so often and move the cursor about. Also if you leave youtube playing a video on the main desktop screen it wont lock the computer, still goes to away but its easier to wiggle the mouse rather than having to put your login info and password in every 15 minutes.

Nah, I'm done with it to be honest. I've done it for a year next month but I'd be happier working in an office as long as it wasn't too far from where I live and the people were sound.

Depends how much you do it mate

You need both

I work only from home, don’t think it suits me

The worst part is that because we mostly work remotely our office is tiny and drab, but we're expected to come in on Wednesdays.

There's three people in today because of holidays and client meetings and whatnot and it's agonisingly shit.

I’d say 1 day from home, 4 in office be best

The offer of working from the office in Shoreditch five days a week with flexible working hours/late starts/early finishes and the option to work remotely if needs be was a dream come true, just a shame it didn't materialise.

Back