Working from home

• Thread starter Deleted member 34491
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate it. End up working much harder and longer hours than you would in the office.

Hate the lack of boundaries too. Kids, missus and dog all interrupting calls. Requests to drop things at the tip, do this and that.

Anyone know how to make this work better?

Incorporate a shag

Doing this today for the first time. Weird feeling. I've already finished all the work I needed to do which ordinarily would have taken all day. Obviously because I've had less people asking me things. Now I feel like I'm being lazy because I've not had much to do since lunch.

Doing this today for the first time. Weird feeling. I've already finished all the work I needed to do which ordinarily would have taken all day. Obviously because I've had less people asking me things. Now I feel like I'm being lazy because I've not had much to do since lunch.

This is why I do it as often as I can. I can actually do my job without interruptions!

I either work from home or visit job sites out of town. Just got back from Miami yesterday and I've already surpasssed 40 hours this week. I have to turn in a report but today so far my working from home has included dropping off the bairn at playschool and then watching Paradise Hawaiian Style and currently The Great Escape.

"Blind? I'm not blind - I can see ... that pin over there!"

The missus is away with kids at The moment so if I work fron home next week I could go all day without speaking to someone.

I reckon the majority of people who claim they work from home because they are more productive are talking out of their hole. It's because you can skive easier.

Last edited:
Currently eating Jaffa cakes, playing me PS4 and arsing on here. Working from home on a Friday is mint.
Jaffa Cakes form an integral part of my working from home routine.
And afternoon naps.
Had a lazy day today and finished at about 10am. Just made a chilli that's bubbling away nicely. Occasionally take comfort from reading the Metro delays thread.
I have a lovely office desk and chair but always work from the settee. So much so that I've worn a hole in the leather on the arm.:oops:

Jaffa Cakes form an integral part of my working from home routine.
And afternoon naps.
Had a lazy day today and finished at about 10am. Just made a chilli that's bubbling away nicely. Occasionally take comfort from reading the Metro delays thread.
I have a lovely office desk and chair but always work from the settee. So much so that I've worn a hole in the leather on the arm.:oops:
I've got a great home office mind with dual monitors, lovely comfy chair and can spy on my neighbours.

Needs a TV though and then I will be totally unproductive.

The missus is away with kids at The moment so if I work fron home next week I could go all day without speaking to someone.

I reckon the majority of people who claim they work from home because they are more productive are talking out of their hole. It's because you can skive easier.
Well The Great Escape just ended but The Towering Inferno is about to start. Hope no-one needs that report in a hurry- I've got things to do!

I've got a great home office mind with dual monitors, lovely comfy chair and can spy on my neighbours.

Needs a TV though and then I will be totally unproductive.
I rarely watch mine during the day. I did in the early days but it quickly loses its appeal. Watch BBC for half an hour when having my breakfast then probably doesn't come on again until 6 o'clock news.

Last time I worked from home it was because I needed to record a screencast demoing some software and I figured it would be easier/quieter there than in the office. Between the cat meowing at me, my lodger deciding to randomly come home midway through the afternoon and next door deciding to play Sleaford Mods quite loudly, it really wasn't.

Its BIG TELLY WANK time!!!!

...well, providing the wife and kids are out!

Built myself a little office in the garden away from the house for when I need to work from home .Actually trying to do owt in the house itself is a massive distraction and not ideal .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back