Working from home

• Thread starter Deleted member 34491
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 34491

Hate it. End up working much harder and longer hours than you would in the office.

Hate the lack of boundaries too. Kids, missus and dog all interrupting calls. Requests to drop things at the tip, do this and that.

Anyone know how to make this work better?

I love it. Working in comfy clothes and singing my head off to the radio :D

Can you shut the door and tell them not to disturb you? Mine know if my office door is shut, then I need to be left alone.

Treat it with the respect it deserves and have boundaries otherwise it wont work,my mate dresses correct even to work at home,he says its make him think differently and thinks its important talking to clients on the phone etc

Treat it with the respect it deserves and have boundaries otherwise it wont work,my mate dresses correct even to work at home,he says its make him think differently and thinks its important talking to clients on the phone etc

I don't go that far in putting my shirt and tie on, but I used to work from home sat in front of the tele and it wasn't working.

Now I have an office, I get more done from home than I do in the work office as there are less distractions.

Currently dressed in shorts T shirt and flip flops. Not exactly business attire!

Ah well, its just for a few weeks. Then back to an office.

Hate it. End up working much harder and longer hours than you would in the office.

Hate the lack of boundaries too. Kids, missus and dog all interrupting calls. Requests to drop things at the tip, do this and that.

Anyone know how to make this work better?
Suspect your boss must post on here you fibber!

Bet you've done nowt but wank, watch TV and ate!

Becs is right. Shut the door and remind them that you have a job. Or tell them that you'll be on teleconferences all day long then shut the door, take a nap on the futon and catch up on a few re runs of Mad Men, (whose protagonist does likewise re taking a nap at work!)

AB22 told me he knew a bloke who built an office in his garden shed and every day would 'leave' for work in suit and tie with briefcase to walk fifty feet up the back garden path. Nice commute!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back