Working a long notice period

Mines two months which I plan to put in on 18 may. Work a few weeks then use up the rest of my annual leave. Hope nowt comes along to feck it up.

I have a 3 months notice period and they only have to give me a month which is a bit rich I thought when I signed the contract.

I've only ever worked one notice period. It was a month when I was changing roles within the same company but it was still torture. I was completely demoralised as the old job was winding down.

It's still better than redundancy which I've been through twice.

I have a 3 months notice period and they only have to give me a month which is a bit rich I thought when I signed the contract.

I've only ever worked one notice period. It was a month when I was changing roles within the same company but it was still torture. I was completely demoralised as the old job was winding down.

It's still better than redundancy which I've been through twice.
I'm quite sure that it's illegal for them to have a different notice period to you.

I'm quite sure that it's illegal for them to have a different notice period to you.

I have no plans to leave in truth. I think I've done a decent job and they gave me a very decent rise after I covered for my senior boss when he was on the sick for about a year. Mind I did ask, well shy bairn's get nowt :)

Back