Working a long notice period

Dave Herbal

Striker
What’s the point of this exactly?

Lad at work has been told he’s got to work 12 weeks notice. His new job starts in 3, so he’s refused. Do they seriously expect people to hang around for 3 months when they can’t enforce it.

I’ve got a 12 week notice period and I’m waiting to hand in my notice (hopefully next week). My current place won’t budge on it because we have a new computer system going live in August and I’ve been pretty vital to it. The place I’m going are fine with it but it’s going to be horrendous!

I don’t think I’d go and work anywhere that holds people at my level to a 12 week notice period!

gardening leave is where its at:cool:
I need to do something to mess up the new computer system so they’ll put me on gardening leave!

Last edited:
I’ve got a 12 week notice period and I’m waiting to hand in my notice (hopefully next week). My current place won’t budge on it because we have a new computer system going live in August and I’ve been pretty vital to it. The place I’m going are fine with it but it’s going to be horrendous!

I don’t think I’d go and work anywhere that holds people at my level to a 12 week notice period!

I’m currently hedging bets with regards to leaving at present. Redundancy looms but not confirmed and I’ve possibly got the chance of a new job with a decent salary increase.
It’s a pisser of a situation tbf.

What’s the point of this exactly?

Lad at work has been told he’s got to work 12 weeks notice. His new job starts in 3, so he’s refused. Do they seriously expect people to hang around for 3 months when they can’t enforce it.

What does his contract say? There is a possibility they can sue him for any actual loss to the business if he was to walk early, but in general, this is unlikely. He’s just burning bridges.

I was on 3 month notice at my last place and I negotiated an early release. My offer was mutually acceptable.

Back