Work from home if you can

Hows it mixed messages? Virus cases reduced = go back to work. Virus cases rising = Work from home if you can.

Its common sense and all the questioning about "I don't know what to do" does not help. Use common sense to protect yourself and others!

They shifted within a week from saying eat out to help out and campaigning for people to get back into the office to blaming people for spreading the virus.

Their message has been muddied throughout.

It's shifting sands so the message is always going to change... Not to say there hasnt been many clusterfucks
This is it for me. They've got plenty of sticks to beat them with, but this isn't really one imo and I'm pretty critical of the mixed messages. How will we ever start to recover if we stay wfh forever.....

We locked down too late initially and the muppets ignored the evidence and failed to start lock down over a week ago.
too little too late.
The evidence from countries that got it right suggests that lockdowns are by the by. It's the failure to have an adequate testing process that would see people traced and isolated that has been the biggest failure. That's why they have lost any goodwill they had.

Hows it mixed messages? Virus cases reduced = go back to work. Virus cases rising = Work from home if you can.

Its common sense and all the questioning about "I don't know what to do" does not help. Use common sense to protect yourself and others!
Aye two weeks ago - “go back to the office or you’ll be sacked”

Today - “work from home if you can”

Cases were rising a fortnight ago. If you’re seriously defending this government on the basis that they couldn’t have foreseen a massive increase in cases when more people have been told to go back to work or their kids are at school then that’s pretty f***ing embarrassing.

Why not get rid of all the rules and we’ll all just use ‘common sense’ eh?

Oh, because it would kill hundreds of thousands of people....

The evidence from countries that got it right suggests that lockdowns are by the by. It's the failure to have an adequate testing process that would see people traced and isolated that has been the biggest failure. That's why they have lost any goodwill they had.
No world beating app.
Failure to increase testing when schools returned and virus spread increased.
Hypocritical and inconsistant rules confusing folk and affecting public behaviour.
Blaming sections of society for the increase of infections.
Government Ministers contradicting each other and themselves.
What a mess.

Hope all the manual workers are going to put their flasks away and start helping to save the likes of Pret.
Aye two weeks ago - “go back to the office or you’ll be sacked”

That will have been very much the minority. Don't know anyone personally who went back and it was reported only 9% did when the steer changed.

Last edited:

Back