Work dilemma

Don’t listen to this grass is my advice :lol:

Reeeetio

@harmy I’d start applying for jobs see what’s going.

Mate is a director at a company who get loads of quality roles.

Pm me or I’ll pass his number on, does your family still get in the Mickey ? Me dar still gets in sat and sun afternoons.
Empty your inbox mate.

Best pay rise I had was after handing in my resignation and bluffing I had another job. Was willing to risk it as was in a similarly pissed off position. A colleague tried the same trick (he was already on a decent wage) and they offered him nowt. He ended up withdrawing the resignation with his tail between his legs! Comapnies take the piss all the time with salary discrepancies - you just have to play the same game.

Best pay rise I had was after handing in my resignation and bluffing I had another job. Was willing to risk it as was in a similarly pissed off position. A colleague tried the same trick (he was already on a decent wage) and they offered him nowt. He ended up withdrawing the resignation with his tail between his legs! Comapnies take the piss all the time with salary discrepancies - you just have to play the same game.

It all relies upon individuals remaining private about their finances, which they normally do. Companies can thus take the piss and pay what the employee is willing to take. There is thus a good argument for moving around every so often as companies will pay more to get the right person in. Other current employees not willing to risk their livelihood thus fall behind.

Worked there before so don’t fancy going back. Cheers for the suggestion tho.
I would apply for other jobs and search for them on your break at work. Hopefully your boss will see this and ask if you plan to leave. Let him know you're looking for a better salary. He might get the hint.

I'm in a completely different situation to you in that I generally get a lot more money than people I work with because I'm a sub contractor. The last job I was on had a young graduate engineer in charge of me and he was complaining about being on £21,000 pa. I didn't have the heart to tell him his company was paying me £350 per day. I don't think there's any loyalty in business.

I would apply for other jobs and search for them on your break at work. Hopefully your boss will see this and ask if you plan to leave. Let him know you're looking for a better salary. He might get the hint.

I'm in a completely different situation to you in that I generally get a lot more money than people I work with because I'm a sub contractor. The last job I was on had a young graduate engineer in charge of me and he was complaining about being on £21,000 pa. I didn't have the heart to tell him his company was paying me £350 per day. I don't think there's any loyalty in business.

Always best to pay the going market rate to get the stability, experience and ultimately the best results. Pay for a good team and makes you also an effective manager. All about results these days.
Equally having a decent boss certainly helps.

It all relies upon individuals remaining private about their finances, which they normally do. Companies can thus take the piss and pay what the employee is willing to take. There is thus a good argument for moving around every so often as companies will pay more to get the right person in. Other current employees not willing to risk their livelihood thus fall behind.

I guess it's a bit like shopping around to get your best energy/insurance deals. Existing customers who stay get shafted!

There's an old saying, the next way to get a pay rise is resign, and apply for it when they advertise on the open market for the rate they should have been paying you

I said a quality engineer

I was a quality engineer for nine years, basically a job I fell into and got stuck in due to family reasons and needing to ensure i had a job close to home.

I remember an inspector who'd taken redundancy in the wave before mine saying quality assurance was a made up position. He said the only reason je could see that it existed was to ensure a company's management sysyem was seen to adhere to and conform with ISO 9001 and related standards.

The only reason a company held those standards was to keep customers happy.

I said "Well there you go then.", to which he responded "Why then do customers come into audit you when ISO 9001 should ensure you have a working system? And why do customers do that when at the end of the day they just want goods that work? Is Joe Bloggs going to walk in off the street and demand to audit your QMS and raise an NCR if his Smartphone fails? No, he just wants a replacement that works."

He commented that if anything the QMS system actually stopped people getting on with their jobs rather than help them as they were tied up with extra paperwork. He got why an investigation happened with recurring or major failures, but why waste an entire day or so on minor one-off incidents unlikely to be repeated. Just give the customer a replacement part, scrap the old part in say five minutes rather than tie up a team of people for heaven's knows how long investigating a superfluous NCR.

I have to admit I saw his point.

He added a major failure could be sorted by an engineer or relevant person coming straight away to have a look rather than there need to a team of quality people investigate and later conclude the engineer had to come to have a look a few days later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back