Work commute

Hopefully they knuckle down and find they're looking for. I know I have.

I'm sensing a huge inferiority complex from you here, which is understandable.

I holiday regularly, I have my own car, a half decent Mon-Fri job, home life is decent and chilled and I get to watch Sunderland regularly, home and away.

I am in no way envious of anyone living in London, I visit to see pals regularly and it’s not for me full time. It’s lifting.

I holiday regularly, I have my own car, a half decent Mon-Fri job, home life is decent and chilled and I get to watch Sunderland regularly, home and away.

I am in no way envious of anyone living in London, I visit to see pals regularly and it’s not for me full time. It’s lifting.

That's good but I'm not sure why you're telling me? I've never mentioned London at all.

About 15 minutes each way for me. As commuting is part of your working day I'd really begrudge doing owt like an hour each way. Eats too much into your personal time and restricts what you can arrange to do.

My daily commute (by bus)
Morning - door to door: 1hr 20mins (bus 1hr 10mins)
Afternoon - door to door: 1hr 35mins (bus 1hr 20mins)

Done it for over 22 years, I’d like to say I’ve gotten used to it, but there are times, especially in the winter, that’s it’s a pain in the arse. But since I’ve held a steady job for all that time, I just get on with it.

Before I got my car it was the same for me, 1 hour 20 bus journey (and that was the express journey) and same back but my last bus was 6pm so would have to either get 2 buses back or a train to Durham and bus home. Something I had to tolerate.

Exactly 40 miles door to door (Spenny to Blyth). Don't mind it heading in on a morning, can't stand it heading home in the afternoon.

Amazed at the number of people here who wouldn’t commute 50 mins for a better job. Once you get used to it it’s nowt. We once proposed moving our factory from Consett to Billingham and there was hell on cos everyone who works there lives in Consett. I just kept saying welcome to my world.

love public transport me. headphones in and escape from the world for a bit. cheaper than driving, better for the environment and i always have a driver for when ive had a slurp. can't imagine what it must be like to sit in a car in a queue every day. what a waste of time.

id happily commute up to 2 hours each way like,

I was based there for 12 months. Had my own flat on the waters edge. Was working on the control system upgrade at the Karsto Gas refinery.
I also worked on Karsto for a month - welding up cooling pipework on the new power station right in the middle of the plant.
Some size gas plant mind.
I was living on the camp - the Eastern European lads would eat you out of house and home if they had the chance - they had never seen free food before. 😂
We used to get let loose in Haugesund on a Saturday afternoon - fun and games - and empty wallets by the end of the night:cry:

love public transport me. headphones in and escape from the world for a bit. cheaper than driving, better for the environment and i always have a driver for when ive had a slurp. can't imagine what it must be like to sit in a car in a queue every day. what a waste of time.

id happily commute up to 2 hours each way like,

Up at 6 leave at 7 in work for 9 then leave at 6 and get home for 8? Five days a week? Happily?

Back