Work commute

Been offered a decent job and good opportunity but the travel to work is preventing me from getting over excited. It'll be roughly a 50min to 1 hour drive depending on traffic, each way.

To me that seems like a lot considering at the minute I'm probably a 30 to 45 min drive depending on traffic but I don't like the job. I was just wondering if anybody else has a similar commute and found it worth it? The pay rise would cover the extra fuel so that isn't really a problem.
Yes, just started a new role a few weeks ago and traded a scenic cruise up the A68 for the Crook-Washington rush-hour, or the 1h30m today. Fuck yeah its worth it, left an awful place and the new place is great and feel right at home already. Do it, traffic is unavoidable.

Been offered a decent job and good opportunity but the travel to work is preventing me from getting over excited. It'll be roughly a 50min to 1 hour drive depending on traffic, each way.

To me that seems like a lot considering at the minute I'm probably a 30 to 45 min drive depending on traffic but I don't like the job. I was just wondering if anybody else has a similar commute and found it worth it? The pay rise would cover the extra fuel so that isn't really a problem.

Same kind of commute time as me - 50 mins to an hour in the car is nowt, you'll get used to it no problem. Try to start and finish work as early as possible if you can to beat the traffic.

Same kind of commute time as me - 50 mins to an hour in the car is nowt, you'll get used to it no problem. Try to start and finish work as early as possible if you can to beat the traffic.
Spoke to them today. One of the shift patterns is 7am - 3pm and while they cant guarantee anything they said they won't rule out being given that shift permanently.

Ask if you can work from home 2-3 days a week, we are all doing it these days.
Work from home is the only way.

yep

Must you drive?

Can you not use a train for example?

Also is it a high paying job?

When I last had a commute it was an hour and 20 each way. It was a smashin job though and even though the miles I chucked on the car made me weep it was well worth it.

I was an hr each way until yesterday and now it’s 35-40 mins each way but I’d quite happily do the hr as it was a better job as it was more interesting. I do however think that it’s wasted time as I’ve always lived and worked in the same area until recently

I find that amazing in this day and age people moaning about a one hour commute to work.
If it’s more money and better prospects it’s a no brainer. The only risk is the job security and a decent working environment.

I do 1 hour each way, have done for 20+ years.
just part of working really.
My new job is an hour drive either way. By the time I’m home I’ve already unwound or by the time I get to work I’ve already made a lot of calls and have a clear idea of what’s happening so my day is planned.

Back