Work commute

nelford_safc

Striker
Been offered a decent job and good opportunity but the travel to work is preventing me from getting over excited. It'll be roughly a 50min to 1 hour drive depending on traffic, each way.

To me that seems like a lot considering at the minute I'm probably a 30 to 45 min drive depending on traffic but I don't like the job. I was just wondering if anybody else has a similar commute and found it worth it? The pay rise would cover the extra fuel so that isn't really a problem.

My daily commute (by bus)
Morning - door to door: 1hr 20mins (bus 1hr 10mins)
Afternoon - door to door: 1hr 35mins (bus 1hr 20mins)

Done it for over 22 years, I’d like to say I’ve gotten used to it, but there are times, especially in the winter, that’s it’s a pain in the arse. But since I’ve held a steady job for all that time, I just get on with it.

Been offered a decent job and good opportunity but the travel to work is preventing me from getting over excited. It'll be roughly a 50min to 1 hour drive depending on traffic, each way.

To me that seems like a lot considering at the minute I'm probably a 30 to 45 min drive depending on traffic but I don't like the job. I was just wondering if anybody else has a similar commute and found it worth it? The pay rise would cover the extra fuel so that isn't really a problem.
Commuted Widnes to Manchester for years, never minded it, plenty of time listening to music in the car. Depends what you do and what your woking hours are but an extra hour a day doesn't seem much if you're getting paid more and doing a job you like instead of one you don't

So it can currently take you 45 mins and the new place could be 50 mins away. Yes they’re extremes but it’s not a massive amount. I’d rather spend a bit more time in the car if it meant the time at work was more enjoyable when I got there.

An extra 15-20 mins each way to enjoy your day more

With more money

It’s a no brainer

That has the potential to be an awful commute from Oct to March , driving in the dark and likely rain. If you can get and are able to do flexible start / finish that would be good

Last time I had a 1.5/2 hour daily commute I did listen to loads of music and x fm / 5 live / radio 4 was decent

Winter has potential to be shit cos I’ll be starting from weardale. To put a positive spin on it it’s only an extra 10 minutes in the car each way.

Its only 15 mins more than you do now.

I wouldnt do it though, as i only need to do a 15 min leisurely stroll

If you're already doing 45 mins, then what's an extra 5-15?

I have about a 35-40 min commute each way after years of living 5-10 mins away from work. Hated it at first, took 3-4 months to get used it. I use the commute as an opportunity to catch up on podcasts or phone my folks for a catch up

10 minutes door to door to the office for me.
0 minutes if I`m working from home😎

Work was thinking about merging offices a while back that would have meant at least a 1 hour drive but more likely a 75-90 minute drive depending on accidents. I would have looked for something else if I wasn`t able to work from home more than commuting. Potentially 3 hours a day commuting?? Absolutely no way at all.

Back