words and phrases that annoy you

I most likely have plenty of irritating sayings that people don't like.
One's that I find strange or irritating are, funedral instead of funeral.
People who say redchester instead of register.
People who say nothink instead of nothing.
People who use fwee for three. Or ferty for thirty.

People call me because I say tamarra for tomorrow.
Serrup for syrup.
And lots of other stuff.

mixed metaphors ...i hate watching people on the news or the telly generally being interviewed who cant get a simple analogy correct..trying to sound clever then revealing the true extent of their buffoonery

The use of "just about" to mean "only narrowly achieved it" rather than "almost achieved it" - I think this one has become accepted now that it has been used to much.

The constant use of "there's" when dealing with plurals. "There's queues on the M25". They wouldn't say "There is queues on the M25" they would say "There are queues on the M25".

The use of "just about" to mean "only narrowly achieved it" rather than "almost achieved it" - I think this one has become accepted now that it has been used to much.

The constant use of "there's" when dealing with plurals. "There's queues on the M25". They wouldn't say "There is queues on the M25" they would say "There are queues on the M25".
R Qs M25

The bairn asking to borrow things that she's going to use and not return. She gets irritated with conversations such as:
Mam, can I borrow a post it note?
Yes, when will you be returning it?

:lol:
Could be worse, she could be like little miss ouro and just help herself while you are out. Items that have been identified as missing include but are not limited to: A George Foreman grill; a toasty maker; a 2tb hard drive, and a set of cards against humanity including several expansion packs.

Could be worse, she could be like little miss ouro and just help herself while you are out. Items that have been identified as missing include but are not limited to: A George Foreman grill; a toasty maker; a 2tb hard drive, and a set of cards against humanity including several expansion packs.

I miss the middle one since he moved out but I must admit that it is lovely to go in the cupboard and pick up a clean glass when I want a drink of water rather than hollering up the stairs "where the hell have all the glasses gone now?" and then having to wash various cultures out of them before I can have a drink of water.

Back