words and phrases that annoy you

Give owa man

Funny because owa doesn’t set me off, neither does gerrin if that counts. I suppose they are kind of new words and not just old words with an accent forced on. Most recent example I can come up with is there was a thread where burning was spelled Borning, made my eyes roll out of my skull.

I’m not consistent, but I am irritable :lol:

When people type things in a regional accent on here it makes me physically cringe. Don’t know why but I really dislike it.
I don’t mind people typing in phonetic Mackem, but I think you’re on about the hilarious and wacky faux Ashington spelling like ‘Berb’ for Bob etc (which I claim to be purely mythical anyway!). Which some people seem to think makes them an instant SMB exalted comedian.

I don’t mind people typing in phonetic Mackem, but I think you’re on about the hilarious and wacky faux Ashington spelling like ‘Berb’ for Bob etc (which I claim to be purely mythical anyway!). Which some people seem to think makes them an instant SMB exalted comedian.
YES absolutely this. Berb is the ultimate one! I’d blocked it out of my mind but you’re spot on

Back