Wor correspondent Kate

It's been a long time since I last saw her, and I don't suppose I will ever again. My grandparents were friends with her adoptive parents and Kate was good friends with my aunt through school. I understand that they are still in touch. I did wonder if she might show up for my grandmothers funeral, but she didn't. The last time I saw her was job related, in Kuwait. She was just there, I didn't speak to her, she wouldn't know who the hell I was without an explanation.

I can remember her being on BBC News during the 80's and 90's. Everytime she could on TV my dad would have a smile on his face and tell us 'That Kate Adie is a Sunderland supporter'.

In his defense I can understand why you would be proud to have her as a fellow supporter. Tremendous lady.

Before she hit the big time, she started her media career in the area at Radio Durham, an early forray into local radio.
Radio Durham decided to cover local games and used newspaper journalists on the phone from the press boxes.
The studio presenter threw to Bob Case for team news ahead of Sunderland v Everton.
Off Bob went: "It's Montgomery, Irwin, Ashurst..." etc. When he finished the teams, Bob relaxed, glad that bulletin was over. The presenter asked him, "Bob, what's the weather like at Roker?"
Convinced he was off air, Bob shot back: "It's f***ing pissing down!"
Radio Durham didn't last much longer and Kate was soon off to bigger and better things.
Should be Bob Cass of course!

Last edited:
Julio loves Angelo's in the town. Seen him there many times with his family.
Seen him and Medina and what I presumed was Arcas family, mam dad etc in Duos ower the Marina one neet ower the Xmas holidays a long long time ago. Used to see em all in there, Sorensen, Reyna etc. There was a baby with them which may have been Reyna bairn who’s been ripping up the Bundesliga this season? anyone know?

Back