Wood Burning Pizza Ovens

fired it up to cook tonight. Just used pizza express dough thing. Aye went wrong
Logon or register to see this image

Trial and error
:lol: Spectacular.

I used that Pizza Express stuff last week.

I've gone for a proper lazy approach of whacking a pizza stone on the Weber kettle.

Was sorta working but the stone got too hot and was burning the bottoms - had to finish the tops under the grill. I've got a plan to redistribute the fuel and go for indirect barbecuing. I think it'll work next time. Just need to arse mesell to make some more dough.

:lol: Spectacular.

I used that Pizza Express stuff last week.

I've gone for a proper lazy approach of whacking a pizza stone on the Weber kettle.

Was sorta working but the stone got too hot and was burning the bottoms - had to finish the tops under the grill. I've got a plan to redistribute the fuel and go for indirect barbecuing. I think it'll work next time. Just need to arse mesell to make some more dough.
The rest was spot on. Just a charcoaled edge.

Short notice request, so dough was only 4hrs old and crusts not as airy as would like, but ya knar….

Potato crème fraiche and truffled caramelised hon-hee-hons was a belter….

Dough was too big for me peel. Got bit close to flames for too long. Aye burnt the edges. The middle was Alreet. The simple sauce was lush. We go again at weekebd.
It’s a learning process…..every time I think I’ve cracked it, the pizza gods teach me a lesson by tearing the base.

Just keep gannin, only flour and water innit

Last edited:
Has anyone else tried this? My go to sauce now - lazy I know. Can’t remember where I read about them, but it was some pizza chef site that recommended it.

Yes, Morrisons has started stocking it so far cheaper than the greengrocer we were getting it from

Looking for a table. Currently using my old ikea tarno table but it’s just a little small.

I bought this, there is a cheaper McAlister version available from b and q that doesn’t have as high a weight rating

I have a silicon mat that I put under the Ooni but the underside of the oven doesn’t get that hot to worry about it

Second outing of the Karu tonight. Three pizzas cooked for about one log's worth of wood (about 10 for a fiver from Pound Stretcher).

Great pizza and, if my family weren't so sensible, I would cook everything on it.

Taking to this like a duck to water aren't you marra. :lol:
Hahaha. Said to the wife “proper gutted I can’t do it with me looking foreign and that”

I’m closer. Was much easier with a smaller base and round not square
Keep at it mate. 😁I’m definitely fancying an Ooni.
I reckon this time next year I’ll skint and crying.

Back