Wood Burning Pizza Ovens

I need to practice making dough more. Are you all just using 00 flour, salt, water and olive oil? Edit: and yeast.

Last edited:
I need to practice making dough more. Are you all just using 00 flour, salt, water and olive oil? Edit: and yeast.

there’s a cracking beer dough recipe by Dan Leopard...replace some of the water with an IPA (punk works well)...is a really short prove too so a good one for same day.

sure it was in the Guardian if you google it

Not sure if anyone’s interested but Ooni have a Black Friday sale, 20% off everything. Just ordered the Koda after toying with the idea for weeks.

Try my method if you're looking for a Neapolitan style.

Semolina mate. Much better. Imo of course.
also only tomato base, mozzarella, basil and hard cheese. Toppings are a no no in my manor.

Try my method if you're looking for a Neapolitan style.

That seems a lot of salt there.

That seems a lot of salt there.
It's a long cold ferment so it's a standard percentage. If you reduce the amount of salt the dough will rise too fast and you'll end up with enormous air bubbles and a poor structure.

You can knock it down 0.5-1% if you're just doing a room temp ferment. It's quite interesting to play around with.

A bit caster sugar as well mate, if you’re using a 1kg bag a tablespoon would be enough

White or brown sugar if you don’t have caster

Back