Wood Burning Pizza Ovens

i’ve tried all sorts mate, does the job just fine. Can see why a commercial outlet would use it will always taste the same.

Tin’s a bit on the large size like, equivalent of 10 normal ones :)
Do you buy it from that website you linked? Tempted to bang an order in for an obscene amount of flour.

A mate has just bought an Ooni so I'm looking forward to trying my dough out on that. Think the next experiment will be with a sourdough starter, I've just been too lazy with it in the past!

Do you buy it from that website you linked? Tempted to bang an order in for an obscene amount of flour.

A mate has just bought an Ooni so I'm looking forward to trying my dough out on that. Think the next experiment will be with a sourdough starter, I've just been too lazy with it in the past!

yes mate, used them loads.Delivery is £7 or so so tend to bulk buy, just get the flour in 25kg sacks (caputo blue pizzeria is what I use) along with other bits and pieces. The nduja is excellent as is the fior di latte and the premium pepperoni.....I just get a load of ziplock bags and portion up and freeze the meat, sauce and cheese.

yes mate, used them loads.Delivery is £7 or so so tend to bulk buy, just get the flour in 25kg sacks (caputo blue pizzeria is what I use) along with other bits and pieces. The nduja is excellent as is the fior di latte and the premium pepperoni.....I just get a load of ziplock bags and portion up and freeze the meat, sauce and cheese.
Which Nduja to you get mate, i notice one is in a tin. Do you freeze this also?
Cheers
Cheers
I take it you get the Fior De Latte pre chopped? How do you apply this to the pizza, small piles or evenly spread? I have only used sliced supermarket Mozzerella so far so am looking forward to trying the FDL. Cheers

Last edited:
Cheers

I take it you get the Fior De Latte pre chopped? How do you apply this to the pizza, small piles or evenly spread? I have only used sliced supermarket Mozzerella so far so am looking forward to trying the FDL. Cheers

Yeah The cheese is already chopped into thick sticks (napoli cut) that I just split into smaller bags and hoy in the freezer. Defrosts in no time. Others just freeze the whole bag and break bits off as and when.

You'll not get the full coverage like you will with grated, but depends what you're after. As a middle ground, try and get cubed....Yester Farm is really good, and they do grated too.....tried both and are spot on. But the Fior di latte, with it being bigger, doesn't burn as quickly if you're using proper high heat. The balled Mozz is usually pretty "wet" so tend to squeeze the life out of it between kitchen paper once slided if using to stop the top of the pizza getting soggy.

Ref the Nduja, think the tin is a sauce rather than the meat itself....I get the calabrese one, is canny spicy so you don't need loads, comes as a big sausage and is spreadable. Again, I slice it, and put it in the freezer. Then when I want some, take a frozen slice out and cube it while frozen as it's easier. Then just throw the defrosted cubes on when making the pizza.

No complaints and haven't killed anyone......yet! :lol:

Yeah The cheese is already chopped into thick sticks (napoli cut) that I just split into smaller bags and hoy in the freezer. Defrosts in no time. Others just freeze the whole bag and break bits off as and when.

You'll not get the full coverage like you will with grated, but depends what you're after. As a middle ground, try and get cubed....Yester Farm is really good, and they do grated too.....tried both and are spot on. But the Fior di latte, with it being bigger, doesn't burn as quickly if you're using proper high heat. The balled Mozz is usually pretty "wet" so tend to squeeze the life out of it between kitchen paper once slided if using to stop the top of the pizza getting soggy.

Ref the Nduja, think the tin is a sauce rather than the meat itself....I get the calabrese one, is canny spicy so you don't need loads, comes as a big sausage and is spreadable. Again, I slice it, and put it in the freezer. Then when I want some, take a frozen slice out and cube it while frozen as it's easier. Then just throw the defrosted cubes on when making the pizza.

No complaints and haven't killed anyone......yet! :lol:
Cheers cant wait to try ...

Back