Wonderkids from Fifa 2018

• Thread starter Deleted member 4700
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4700

Yes, I know it was 2 and a half years ago, but most of them are top prospects and are playing for top teams.
So, my question is, how accurate are the players potential/prospect factors for players in games like Fifa and FM?
  • Gianluigi Donnarumma (GK) (Age 18) - Potential 90+
  • Alban Lafont (GK) (Age 18) - Potential 84+
  • Jonathan Tah (CB) (Age 21) - Potential 85+
  • Andreas Christensen (CB/CDM) (Age 21) - Potential 85+
  • Benjamin Henrichs (RB/LB) (Age 20) - Potential 82+
  • Issa Diop (CB) (Age 20) - Potential 81+
  • Theo Hernandez (LB) (Age 19) - Potential 81+
  • Malang Sarr (CB/LB) (Age 17) - Potential 80+
  • Thomas Lemar (LM) (Age 21) - Potential 89+
  • Phil Foden (CAM) (Age 16) -Potential 89+
  • Ousmane Dembele (RM/RW/LM/CAM) (Age 20) - Potential 89+
  • Youri Tielemans (CM/CAM) (Age 20) - Potential 87+
  • Christian Pulisic (RM/RW/LW/LM) (Age 18) - Potential 85+
  • Renato Sanches (CM) (Age 19) - Potential 83+
  • Douglas Luiz (CM/CDM) (Age 19) - Potential 81+
  • Marco Asensio (CAM/RM/LM/LW) (Age 21) - Potential 91+
  • Dele Alli (CAM/CF/LM) (Age 21) - Potential 90+
  • Gabriel Jesus (ST) (Age 20) - Potential 90+
  • Kylian Mbappe (ST) (Age 18) - Potential 89+
  • Anthony Martial (LM/ST) (Age 21) - Potential 87+
  • Leroy Sane (LW/RW/LM) (Age 21) - Potential 87+
  • Marcus Rashford (ST/RM/LM) (Age 19) - Potential 86+
  • Kasper Dolberg (ST) (Age 19) - Potential 85+

Pretty sure FM scouts are just fans of each club though, so it's no surprise that a lot of players are over hyped on the game.

Tonton Zola probably had one good game for the youth side and the "Scout" would have went overboard with it.

Remember, real life scouts at the big clubs get it wrong every day.

Clubs scout players and sign them and many, if not most of them, turn out to be not as good as they expected.

This applies at both first team and youth team level, even more so at youth team level.

FM should be used even if nothing more than a tool to see what prospects are out there and get them scouted and make their own decision on how good they actually are (more than one game). Teams don't know all the players in the world so to have them in one database could be pretty handy. I think I read a thread on here not long back of some company trying to do their own official database like this for all teams to use? Not sure why teams would pay good money to do that when you can pay £20 a year for FM's database which is constantly updated.

What we would need though, are scouts that don't just ask players to phone their mates and who can actually go to games and spot talent. I'd have thought that would have been a minimum for a scout but the club seem to hire scouts who can't...

Back